Peterborough North

great northern

8 hours ago, great northern said:

Following the Grimsby on the Up is the Nottingham-KX, only eight cars, but apparently nearly always A4 haulage. Silver Link, no less, today.

Well David, as you know I am pretty restrained in what I allow to run on PN. I take the view though that a straitjacket is an unhealthy form of restraint, and so when Accurascale do an appropriate model it will appear on PN despite the fact that the only evidence I have for them appearing anywhere but in the shed yard is one image showing what might be the rear of one on the Nene bridge. What's more it is likely to be 68599, which was Lincoln Central pilot, and to my knowledge never got anywhere near PN.

A psychiatrist might I suppose be interested in the fact that I will sanction that, but putting the wrong number on one of these first models announced would be totally unacceptable to me.  68535 was at Dundee, which is only up the road from Haymarket, after all.😉  New England had 68635, also with Scottish modifications, but alas with differences too significant for me to ignore. Unrecorded temporary transfer to 64B David, you know it makes sense.😈

Hi Gilbert

I can find no reason to dispute what you say.

I think at the end of the day it will come down to how good the model looks and it does look exceptional from what I have seen so far and also one of those must have decisions or stick to the prototype.

By the way Silver Link looks superb.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes
Spelling

• RMweb Premium

A psychiatrist might I suppose be interested in the fact that I will sanction that, but putting the wrong number on one of these first models announced would be totally unacceptable to me.  68535 was at Dundee, which is only up the road from Haymarket, after all.😉  New England had 68635, also with Scottish modifications, but alas with differences too significant for me to ignore. Unrecorded temporary transfer to 64B David, you know it makes sense.😈

Danger Warning

It’s a long road from Dundee and it would likely be sabotaged en route by an N. B. R.  J83, J88 N15, C16 amongst others. A Caley tank interloped to 64B in an attempt to replace a withdrawn J88 and lasted two days!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 60027Merlin said:

Danger Warning

It’s a long road from Dundee and it would likely be sabotaged en route by an N. B. R.  J83, J88 N15, C16 amongst others. A Caley tank interloped to 64B in an attempt to replace a withdrawn J88 and lasted two days!

Well OK, but that Caley thing wasn't LNER, was it?