Peterborough North

great northern

12 hours ago, great northern said:

Still up in the air, avoiding pigeons, and observing an Ivatt in the bay with the stock for the 8.30 to Melton Constable.

Gilbert

There is a platform level photo of a very similar subject in the same location dated May 1957 in March Backtrack, p. 145, from the Pendragon Collection. Have you seen it?

Lloyd

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, FarrMan said:

Gilbert

There is a platform level photo of a very similar subject in the same location dated May 1957 in March Backtrack, p. 145, from the Pendragon Collection. Have you seen it?

Lloyd

No, I haven't Lloyd, as I now very rarely go anywhere which stocks railway magazines, mainly because there seems to be nowhere that does.

1 hour ago, great northern said:

No, I haven't Lloyd, as I now very rarely go anywhere which stocks railway magazines, mainly because there seems to be nowhere that does.

43092 at head of three coaches. First two coaches appear to be carmine and cream, third one I think is as well, but all in shadow so I could not be certain. First coach is a brake first/second/composite, and appears to be LNER type, but my knowledge of LNER coaches is non-existent. Others are too much in shadow to even say that much. Train is at Platform 4, photo taken from platform 5/6. Carmine and cream coach in background.

Perhaps someone else who has the mag. can identify the coaches in more detail.

Lloyd

Edited by FarrMan
To add something

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, great northern said:

and New England's very recently ex works A2/3.

60514 looks rather smart ex Doncaster (?) but for how long? Looking forward to the Station Road images.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 30368 said:

60514 looks rather smart ex Doncaster (?) but for how long? Looking forward to the Station Road images.

Kind regards,

Richard B

Yes, ex Doncaster mid September, and likely to be filthy again by Christmas, but if you only have two cleaners, not many engines get cleaned.

• Friendly/supportive 2