Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

I often mention I like the clutter that railway seem to generate, and the addition of the rooftops and chimneys just adds to the whole ambiance so much even though the houses themselves are not really visible in these views.  These new backgrounds are certainly floating my boat.

Well done to Mr G Train and Gilbert!

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

A small cloud has appeared over Peterborough North.😟 Recently rather strange things have started to occur when I'm operating, which made me wonder if there might be a problem with my DCC equipment. In the end I have contacted NCE in the USA, who responded very promptly, and asked the age of my control stuff, which apparently has an expected life span of about 20 years. Now my immediate thought was that I haven't had my NCE for anything like that long, but when I checked back in my diaries I found that it was installed 19 years ago. Oh dear.

It owes me nothing after that length of service, and I would be happy to replace it, even though that will mean a lot of reprogramming. However, NCE do not keep stocks in hand, and because of the worldwide problems with electronics the cupboard is bare. There is none in the UK either. So, I have to get an order in , and wait till NCE are able to make some more. In the meantime, I just hope the small cloud does not get any bigger.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, great northern said:

A small cloud has appeared over Peterborough North.😟 Recently rather strange things have started to occur when I'm operating, which made me wonder if there might be a problem with my DCC equipment. In the end I have contacted NCE in the USA, who responded very promptly, and asked the age of my control stuff, which apparently has an expected life span of about 20 years. Now my immediate thought was that I haven't had my NCE for anything like that long, but when I checked back in my diaries I found that it was installed 19 years ago. Oh dear.

It owes me nothing after that length of service, and I would be happy to replace it, even though that will mean a lot of reprogramming. However, NCE do not keep stocks in hand, and because of the worldwide problems with electronics the cupboard is bare. There is none in the UK either. So, I have to get an order in , and wait till NCE are able to make some more. In the meantime, I just hope the small cloud does not get any bigger.

When did you last change the battery in the command station (and, if you are using wireless throttles, the batteries in the throttles themselves)?

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

When did you last change the battery in the command station (and, if you are using wireless throttles, the batteries in the throttles themselves)?

Battery was changed about 18 months ago. I don't have wireless throttles.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That set off a train of thought - my Lenz DCC is a bit aged, taking off my socks to enable over 10 numbers to be calculated brings a result that also needed Mrs NHN fingers, it's 24 years old at best guess. Maybe a year or two older. Cripes.

• Friendly/supportive 5