Peterborough North

great northern

I too had a cataract in my right eye (my only 'good' one after an op for retinal psychosis in the left eye was not successful some 20 years ago). I had my annual eye test at Vision Express (Huntingdon), where they found the cataract and booked me in for an op. They have an agreement with the NHS to go private (with SpaMedica in Peterborough) to save waiting time. There is is currently a 12-18 months wait with NHS; SpaMedica contacted me within 4 days, I had an initial appointment in another 2 days, and could have had the op the day after!. As it was, I left it until the following week, but they wanted another appointment;  (when I got there, small traces of the same as the left eye were now appearing in the right eye). So I went a few days later, got a confirmed op appointment after the BH weekend and was done on the Tuesday. All done within about 3 weeks, marvellous. Full marks and more for Vision Express and Spa Medica (and I suppose also the NHS).

• Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, great northern said:

Not sure if it was worth it.

I think it was. The reflection in the other train's sidelights is new and as I've said before I'll always vote for photos that show the underside of Crescent Bridge.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On 11/07/2024 at 13:42, stewartingram said:

I too had a cataract in my right eye (my only 'good' one after an op for retinal psychosis in the left eye was not successful some 20 years ago). I had my annual eye test at Vision Express (Huntingdon), where they found the cataract and booked me in for an op. They have an agreement with the NHS to go private (with SpaMedica in Peterborough) to save waiting time. There is is currently a 12-18 months wait with NHS; SpaMedica contacted me within 4 days, I had an initial appointment in another 2 days, and could have had the op the day after!. As it was, I left it until the following week, but they wanted another appointment;  (when I got there, small traces of the same as the left eye were now appearing in the right eye). So I went a few days later, got a confirmed op appointment after the BH weekend and was done on the Tuesday. All done within about 3 weeks, marvellous. Full marks and more for Vision Express and Spa Medica (and I suppose also the NHS).

Thanks Stuart, and Brian too. My neighbour had told me about this, but I'm afraid my experience of Vision Express has not been good, so I prefer to go to my local optician. As things are, I feel that it isn't too bad so far, so I shall wait until it really starts to have an impact.

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
On 12/07/2024 at 02:00, St Enodoc said:

I think it was. The reflection in the other train's sidelights is new and as I've said before I'll always vote for photos that show the underside of Crescent Bridge.

Duly noted, John. It is a bit of guess work really, as the position in which I have to put the camera means I can't use the viewfinder, but I'll keep trying to get something reasonable.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, great northern said:

D201 again, from a slightly different angle. This was taken on a subsequent day, and it seems I forgot what I had taken last time.

12011.JPG.b6428803104280453fd84c781f35abee.JPG

@Clive Mortimore won't be disappointed!

Martyn

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1