Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

A convincing back-story, as ever, Gilbert!

First of all , I hoped that that you would all be looking at the loco, and not notice the background. I soon decided that wouldn't happen. Then I considered coming clean, and pleading with you to take no notice, but that would just have drawn more attention to it. So, make the best of it, and try to extract a little humour from it. It was a flying hand that hit the box, of course, and the little lad's black tac stopped working. The view finder isn't very big though, so at the time these things can get missed.

• Friendly/supportive 13

1 hour ago, great northern said:

Now, here is an admission. However hard I tried, I just could not manage to photoshop this properly, so you get it warts and all. Please try to concentrate on the nice clean locomotive, as it meekly pulls away in the wake of the Queen of Scots.

15231.JPG.a2325535d8fc28f7598ee7b361e6bdf9.JPG

With such subject matter the background is irrelevant!  At least, it is to me!  I found my eye drawn to the loco and train!

Roja

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jwealleans said:

Without wishing to be indelicate, Gilbert, is there a fat bloke on the bog in that BSK?   It has quite a list.

Probably, but I can't persuade him to come out. Somehow, I have a shortage of Gresley BSK4 at present, and a couple of those in service, including this one, arent as good as I'd like. Timara has had a look at it, and says there isn't anything she can do about it, so I'm looking for some more. One will be poor long suffering Steve's next job after the one he is currently doing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, great northern said:

Probably, but I can't persuade him to come out. Somehow, I have a shortage of Gresley BSK4 at present, and a couple of those in service, including this one, arent as good as I'd like. Timara has had a look at it, and says there isn't anything she can do about it, so I'm looking for some more. One will be poor long suffering Steve's next job after the one he is currently doing.

Good afternoon Gilbert,

What's the origin of the errant coach? At first glance (though the picture is very blurred - most unusual) it looks like it could be a Trice/Hornby conversion (by whom?). 

I'll take a look at it if you wish. It shouldn't be difficult to fix.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

Good afternoon Gilbert,

What's the origin of the errant coach? At first glance (though the picture is very blurred - most unusual) it looks like it could be a Trice/Hornby conversion (by whom?). 

I'll take a look at it if you wish. It shouldn't be difficult to fix.

Regards,

Tony. 

Thank you Tony. Shall I bring it to you, or would you like to come here?  It is a Trice/Hornby conversion, but I can't remember who did it. I have actually managed to straighten it a little, but the body is not seated on the chassis properly.

• RMweb Premium

Another Up Leeds comes into view, and yet another A3, KX allocated Minoru. Booked to come through without stopping at 1259pm, but no doubt running at least several minutes late.

3621.JPG.12f34cd451c5e51c55b11f6fa5e45aff.JPG

Photo taken eight days ago, no sun at the right time since then, and none in the forecast for the next week. Back to artificial light, I think.

• Like 3