Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

Hello Gilbertand everyone

Just a note that we are running our usual 'little bit of Christmas fun' with The Quirky Poll 2023.

Within the 25 items, we have four of 'eastern interest' as well as such as Ivor the Engine. Although the Team provides many of the listings, about half come from voter suggestions from the previous Poll (which we now run in alternate years with The 00 Wishlist Poll).

As per the main poll, you can vote for whatever you like as long as you would realistically wish to buy the item if it were ever made (assuming high street prices, modern levels of quality etc).

You can find full details via the link in the banner headline, or search The Quirky Poll 2023.

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, great northern said:

So our man is now standing just watching the stock of the Scotsman pass by, and he decides that there is another quite nice picture to be had.

8view.JPG.294af95b848bf8f856db327a85079340.JPG

Not as nice as it would have been if you’d waited for the Gresley(?) restaurant car to come into centre stage!

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

Not as nice as it would have been if you’d waited for the Gresley(?) restaurant car to come into centre stage!

I did think of that Andy, but only after I had taken the photo and the train had returned to the fiddle yard. It is a Gresley, the Kirk one you saw when you were here, I think.

• Like 2

Happy Christmas Gilbert, the effort you go to each day is much appreciated. I've not been here from the beginning but it must be quite a few years now. This is a thread I drop in on every day, and look forward to updates in 2024.

Best wishes

Martyn

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, mullie said:

Happy Christmas Gilbert, the effort you go to each day is much appreciated. I've not been here from the beginning but it must be quite a few years now. This is a thread I drop in on every day, and look forward to updates in 2024.

Best wishes

Martyn

Me too.🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

G'Day Folks

One thread I look in on every day, is it repartition, well the Railways gave that to the World, and you give it to us, almost without fail. Thank You for that. Merry Christmas Gilbert.

manna

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks Gilbert, for all the hard work you've put in over the year, both in modelling and photography, and being willing to share your efforts with us.

I find your pictures and narratives very enjoyable, restful and calming and they form a part of my morning routine that I look forward to very much.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

David

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year Gilbert.

It is a time consuming task to put things on the site every day and it is very much appreciated, especially when viewing all those rare Pacifics from the deep south!

Eric

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas Gilbert.  I always enjoy looking at your photos and reading your comments, long may you continue.

I didn't know Peterborough in the period but sometimes used to go to Grantham so I saw many of the same workings.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks from me as well Gilbert. From my first visit to Kings Cross and seeing first Silver Fox and then Sliver King arrive and stand side by side in the platforms my enthusiasm for A4’s has never dimmed , ( although all LNER Steam is special to me). Like many others I log in most days and never tire, not just of the engines but the whole railway scene, including the “Plonks”.

So thanks for all you efforts including the background information, and may  long continue.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2