Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LNER4479 said:

No buses to see, here. Move right along please ...

No buses here.jpg

image.png.54fd3d252f32f2a7c5435ce5344d5a51.png

Good morning Red Leader, is that a United or Cumberland LD or a Ribble PD? Hard to tell as all three companies had red  big passenger carrying road vehicles.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, LNER4479 said:

It's not on the bridge, so it doesn't count.

(sorry - no idea about buses. I was always more of a 'plane spotter in my younger days)

But, with my lawyer's hat on here, the evidence does suggest that the bus is travelling towards, and thus logically soon will be on the bridge. So it must sort of count, surely? I do recommend that when Clive visits you have a bus detector to hand, as they may be concealed anywhere about his person. If you can't get a detector, and they do seem to be very thin on the ground, you may wish to consider my next plan, which is a prominently displayed list of the sanctions which will be applied should he plant a bus anywhere. I leave it to you as to what sanctions they should be.

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Welly said:

Hi Welly

That's not a bus it's a Routemaster. 🙂

Proper buses had chassis, like a Leyland PD 2, a Bristol LD, a Guy Arab, a Damiler CV, a Dennis Lowline, an Albion Lowlander, an AEC Regent, and even a Foden PVD6. 🤫

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

image.png.54fd3d252f32f2a7c5435ce5344d5a51.png

Good morning Red Leader, is that a United or Cumberland LD or a Ribble PD? Hard to tell as all three companies had red  big passenger carrying road vehicles.

It looks to be Ribble Leyland PD2 Clive.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, mullie said:

And no bus on the bridge!

That's a pity - think of all those on the top deck looking for the odd cop! Always assuming it was a double decker.

Kind regards,

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, 30368 said:

That's a pity - think of all those on the top deck looking for the odd cop! Always assuming it was a double decker.

Kind regards,

I will say this quietly- don't let Clive hear you saying that!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

I have finally got round to editing the video I took when I visited Gilbert last Thursday. I’m afraid the colour isn’t great as the weather was very gloomy so we were relying on artificial light. I’ve tried warming it up but it’s still not great.

Anyway, I hope it gives a feel for the running on Peterborough North which behaved very well while I was there. Highlights for me are the beautiful Thompson kitchen car on the KX-York/ Hull and the ex streamliner twin RS/SO on the KX - Glasgow.

Andy

Many thanks Andy, that is very nice indeed, despite the weather and lighting conditions we had to contend with. The trains were surprisingly co-operative, I must say, and any operator error has been kindly edited out, though I can't remember much, for once. The thing that jumps out at me is that although I thought I was running things at the required 20mph, it looks rather faster than that, to my eyes anyway. I suppose I now should make a real effort at learning how to do this, as it looked deceptively simple as I watched you doing it.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

I have finally got round to editing the video I took when I visited Gilbert last Thursday. I’m afraid the colour isn’t great as the weather was very gloomy so we were relying on artificial light. I’ve tried warming it up but it’s still not great.

Anyway, I hope it gives a feel for the running on Peterborough North which behaved very well while I was there. Highlights for me are the beautiful Thompson kitchen car on the KX-York/ Hull and the ex streamliner twin RS/SO on the KX - Glasgow.

Andy

Hi Andy

You must be a lot slimmer than me. I got stuck when I went around the window side of Pete'bro Nth. 😒

Nice video.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Andy

You must be a lot slimmer than me. I got stuck when I went around the window side of Pete'bro Nth. 😒

Nice video.

I did derail a few wagons….and I didn’t have a pocket full of buses!

Edited by thegreenhowards
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1