Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Do we disagree? The light source has caused the flare, and I have offered no suggestion that cleanliness is involved. What might sometimes help is a lens-hood that shields the front element from a light source outside the frame, but obviously that cannot compensate for a light source within the frame of the picture. Lens coatings have also got better at suppressing this effect over the years, no doubt. 

Good evening Ian,

No disagreement at all (my comment on lens cleaning was in response to a suggestion in another post). 

I've recommended a lens hood to Gilbert before; something I always use when shooting against the light.

Regards,

Tony.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Good evening Ian,

No disagreement at all (my comment on lens cleaning was in response to a suggestion in another post). 

I've recommended a lens hood to Gilbert before; something I always use when shooting against the light.

Regards,

Tony.

And I listened Tony, and I got one.....and have since forgotten all about it.

• Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, great northern said:

I will leave it to Steve to tell you why, and to give construction details. Beautiful subtle weathering, and a great addition to the layout.

Thanks Gilbert; glad you like it!

I built a pair of these vans, one for Gilbert and one for myself.  They were pretty straightforward, but when it came to door details it dawned on me that these vans actually had more doors than the "All Door" Corridor Seconds I'd made previously (albeit with fewer droplights)!  If anyone's interested in how I built it, I've described it on my layout thread from Page 45 onwards:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/83030-train-spotting-at-finsbury-square/page/45/

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3