Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

Ah that's what I like, the humdrum daily work of the ordinary trains carrying freight of one sort or another to the masses.  Clanking couplings and buffers, squealing flanges and coal smoke.  You can keep those there fancy passengeer trains..... 😉

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, great northern said:

The Talisman has accelerated away, so the 9F can now cross back to the Up and on towards Ferme Park.

32144.JPG.a7daf657784bc4f698d1f7263ce0b1fb.JPG

and another view from a different angle I haven't used before. I think it works now that the bridge extension and Station Road are in place.

421442.JPG.68224ea18487bcf5805b07227c8268e8.JPG

That's a splendid new view of Crescent Bridge.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, great northern said:

Some good scrap metal merchants round here.

No not your train set but the Duck's Seaton Junction......the wrong Seaton Junction cos the real one is in Rutland and saw GNR trains going to Peterbrough North from Leicester Belgrave Road.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 14/08/2023 at 19:45, great northern said:

Last look at the K2....

517595.JPG.bd8c0beca47d6e2c059157e55c89eedd.JPG

to be followed a few minutes later by a WD on the way to Ferme Park.

6WD1.JPG.5fab3aa101a115463b4a41e1abd6ae4e.JPG

Gilbert I’ve no idea what makes a great photo but last shot of the K2 and the picture of Sir Walter Scott in the bay have absolute captured my imagination for no particular reason. I spent a long time looking at the K2 and could almost hear the clanking of the rods a rattling of the wagons as it rattled through. A lovely atmospheric shot from an angle our intrepid photographer should be encouraged to try again.  
Sir Walter Scott - well that picture from that angle really sums up everything a thousand words could say in praise of the high point of ECML steam. Two great pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, jazzer said:

Gilbert I’ve no idea what makes a great photo but last shot of the K2 and the picture of Sir Walter Scott in the bay have absolute captured my imagination for no particular reason. I spent a long time looking at the K2 and could almost hear the clanking of the rods a rattling of the wagons as it rattled through. A lovely atmospheric shot from an angle our intrepid photographer should be encouraged to try again.  
Sir Walter Scott - well that picture from that angle really sums up everything a thousand words could say in praise of the high point of ECML steam. Two great pictures. 

I've not much idea what makes a great photo either! Different things to different people, I suspect. Occasionally I take a photo and look at it once I've processed it and have a wow moment, but what differs it from others taken almost from the same angle which have no wow factor, I have no idea.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1