Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

Station Road is looking great, Gilbert - even better with the N5 in front!

Lovely work from Mr G Train, and it really has enhanced the layout to a great degree.

Yes, it had occurred to me at that there was a double bonus for one of our regular visitors.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, great northern said:

Something has landed here this morning. Is it a bird,? Is it a plane? No, it is.........

869298769_1tree1.JPG.794d57848cd4d6c0570c35a69e7ee1da.JPG

Unfortunately the camera is too big for me to be able to get the whole tree in on the angle of that one image we had, but this gives a very good idea of how it looks in situ. And of course I had to take some more.

2127700763_3tree3.JPG.167c5febe130fbe7e4d2631def6ea82d.JPG

467165206_4tree4.JPG.627f41648c221f76b86c493c9702b990.JPG

This one, I think, does show how close 4D model shop have come to an exact replica of that very unusual tree, and I cannot speak too highly of what they have achieved for me. This is effectively scratch built. Great job, and great service. Just one more image, for now at least.

That Tree suddenly gives a great sense of proportion and contrast to the whole section of that layout. Brilliantly made too G.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Good to see some greening-up in the gardens. In that era we might not expect - er - Leylandii....

On close examination it does not appear to be coniferous Ian. In any event, it looks much more like a hedge than any others I have seen for sale.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, great northern said:

Coming to Saturday's last workings now, and we have another Doncaster to Peterborough stopper, another New England V2 coming home.

2072022425_88541.JPG.7d8a4078fca0bdb5f047328b2a485383.JPG

887054398_98542.JPG.13366d316ee7ab980edce3f3353ea1d3.JPG

Unexpected sunshine today meant that I could take some more pictures, and draw the sequence to a conclusion, so we will be going back to Friday happenings, unless its Thursday of course, or possiblty even Monday. It all depends on what excuse I need at the time.

Both of these nicely hide the end of Spittal Bridge.

Lloyd

4 hours ago, great northern said:

Oh dear! Wi Fi problems, so the tablet still won't let me access the sequence. Technician coming tomorrow. Just the one image again taken from Crescent Bridge, but BT.

1651434347_12a0854frombridge.JPG.c0a60f27f4613cdc1d78b4dc8c17dabe.JPG

Does this look as though it was taken in fast fading light with sunset approaching? Or am I doing self delusion again?

One of things about the plethora of pictures from similar angles is that it gives us a chances to focus on different aspects of pictures that are very similar. Something in the lower picture that I’ve never appreciated before ( probably because I am focussed on the trains ) is the amazingly different textures and colours of the ground and ballast, both from left to right and top to bottom. Something that a lot of us can probably learn from.  

• Like 5
  • Agree 4