Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

Nice to see the Gresley and Thompson SKs in the Leeds rake. Is that exactly as per WTT, or a bit of artistic licence?

Andy

Cars as per WTT, but my choice of catering, as I have that very nice Thompson RSP which requires employment.  The WTT doesn't say it was a Thompson, but doesn't say it wasn't either. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Really like the close up of 60961's motion which shows the care taken with the weathering.

It reminds me a bit of the pictures that I took with my Brownie 127 back in the 1950/60s. All a bit out of focus, no criticism intended, just a bit of reflective nostalgia!

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Due to my relative youth (!) I can't recall seeing a V2, but the rattling windows and vibration of the DMU are a strong memory!  Hated them at the time, now find them strangely interesting.

Oh dear! Two posts which are a slight cause for concern. A3s desecrated with foreign protrusions, V2s better with double chimneys! DMUs strangely interesting! I think a little therapy may be needed, perhaps just an hour or two gazing at photos of A3s in their beautiful and incomparable original form. Plenty on here if you scroll back a little.

Nothing to worry about really though, your liking for V2s shows you are at least at the beginning of the path to righteousness. I did think about a little anti DMU therapy, but on second thoughts not, as it might upset Clive.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

Oh dear! Two posts which are a slight cause for concern. A3s desecrated with foreign protrusions, V2s better with double chimneys! DMUs strangely interesting! I think a little therapy may be needed, perhaps just an hour or two gazing at photos of A3s in their beautiful and incomparable original form. Plenty on here if you scroll back a little.

Nothing to worry about really though, your liking for V2s shows you are at least at the beginning of the path to righteousness. I did think about a little anti DMU therapy, but on second thoughts not, as it might upset Clive.

Anti DMU therapy? No idea what you mean. I can hear that Cravens trying to disassemble itself, none did in 30 years of service.

Something that always puzzles me is the batch used on the Kings Cross suburban services were said to have been built for the M&GNJR. Why were they built with LT trip-cock gear if they were intended to doss around in Norfolk?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, great northern said:

I'm sure a trip down memory lane down the South Shields branch in a Met-Cam (101 to the young) would restore my loathing of the genre!  The GT versions of the A3's though, will remain my favourites, 60100 in particular.  A GN tender would make it even better, but she didn't tow one.

Now, about those funny B17's with too-big wheels stolen off a passing A4.....😱

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Something that always puzzles me is the batch used on the Kings Cross suburban services were said to have been built for the M&GNJR. Why were they built with LT trip-cock gear if they were intended to doss around in Norfolk?

Because it was decided to close the M&GN while the units were being built, and so they had trip cock gear added for the GN before they were delivered?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Anti DMU therapy? No idea what you mean. I can hear that Cravens trying to disassemble itself, none did in 30 years of service.

I can only assume that the decision to close the M&GN was made before building had commenced.

• Like 1