Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

A very different day. I resolved to get on with things, and managed to get into the railway room by 1000. There, I was doubly rewarded when I tackled the macros again. Firstly, I stopped rushing it, and remembered how to do it correctly. Why I didn't read the instructions first when it was 11 years since I last did them, I do not know. Second, all those macros were done BC, which in this case means before cassettes, which meant that as I got towards the higher numbers I found that some were unnecessary. Anyway, all done quite quickly. There will be mistakes, in fact I've found one already, but now I remember exactly how to proceed, it will only be a few minures work to deal with each one as it arises.

A well deserved mug of tea, then back up again to photograph the goodies, and after that a good running session, with things appearing to work better than before the EPROM went in. After lunch I needed to go to the village to get repeat prescriptions, and as it is such a lovely day I walked, got 4.2 miles on the smart watch, and all in all am well pleased. Goodies to follow soon.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Well that was a bit of a faff and at least it weren't thick snow I suppose.

On the bright side it is worth noting about Digitrains suggesting that Scanning 'possibility' thing. They at least could send stuff in an anti scan pack. Worth announcing the 'possibility' elsewhere G? Spread the word of the 'possibility'. I keep saying 'possibility' as there are some on certain parts of RMW that will deny any such thing can ever occur and you are wrong and that DCC is the Spawn of Belezebub etc.

My Power Cab continues to potter on, but as you may remember I have Analogue and Digitalis Fingerpokin Route Setting (apart from those Froggy Things at Fiddle Yard X Overs etc.)

Have a good day and thanks for the update. 

Hope Timara a was OK and that you complete your reprogramming successfully.

P

That was the only thing the guys at Digitrains could think of, but of course it might just have been a dud one anyway, so perhaps best left as it is. Timara was nearly OK. Unfortunately, while I was out she stood on my small folding steps, and they broke, so she had a fall. A couple of minor cuts, but nothing too serious, fortunately. Reprogramming was indeed completed, the old adage more haste less speed being proved correct yet again.

• Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, great northern said:

OK, goodies now.

Just lovely nuanced work on these two loco's. Whilst nuanced may sound a bit OTT in connection with our hobby I think applied to weathering it is appropriate. Heavily weathered loco's but with much local variation.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Did he Paint and weather it? (ktish boom).

13 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

If you squint very hard indeed you could almost think that Diseasel thing wasn't there. 

Not rising to the bait. 😉

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Now, I think I must step in here with a plea for understanding for Clive. It is not his fault that his upbringing was blighted by the disappearance of all the lovely steam locomotives, and that he was left with nothing to watch but diesels, and all boring blue by that time too. In fact, he has done remarkably well to overcome these difficulties, and to become the dear chap we all know and love today.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5