Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I do like the fact that, a few days after Sir Walter Scott passed through, we now have Abbotsford, his home. Not every layout offers such connected loco names!

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I do like the fact that, a few days after Sir Walter Scott passed through, we now have Abbotsford, his home. Not every layout offers such connected loco names!

We have the LNER to thank for those names, of course. I read quite a lot of the novels as a youth, so when I came to choosing names for my A1s these two were top of the list. As most of the Scott themed locos were, quite rightly, NE engines, and very rare down PN way, there will be no more on this layout. I really would like a D30 though.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, great northern said:

Onwards goes 60054.

401939758_3543.JPG.1cb8ea9cca54e4f790ca4ae7c82c6c6f.JPG

And The West Riding appears, Abbotsford having obviously come down Stoke Bank very quickly, in order to dislodge the headboard like that. It was on straight when the loco left the fiddle yard, honest.

834192823_41411.JPG.9cb290021f3e4411735721ced8a9bcc3.JPG

Good evening Gilbert,

I trust your health is improving.

Please don't think what follows is 'nit-picking', but...............

'Abbotsford having obviously come down Stoke Bank very quickly, in order to dislodge the headboard like that.'

It would seem that not only has the headboard gone wonky, but the loco has also lost its front steps and front shackle in the dash down from Stoke; and the vacuum standpipe has been bashed sideways as well. 

I know you say you don't notice such details (or lack of them), but, to me, these omissions spoil what are often terrific pictures. 

The next time I come over, I'll bring some spares and a tube of glue, and I'll go systematically through your loco stud. I'll also look all over the layout, and the floor, seeing if I can find any bits which have dropped off the plastic RTR models; then fix them back on. 

Regards,

Tony. 

Edited by Tony Wright
tautology
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Good evening Gilbert,

I trust your health is improving.

Please don't think what follows is 'nit-picking', but...............

'Abbotsford having obviously come down Stoke Bank very quickly, in order to dislodge the headboard like that.'

It would seem that not only has the headboard gone wonky, but the loco has also lost its front steps and front shackle in the dash down from Stoke; and the vacuum standpipe has been bashed sideways as well. 

I know you say you don't notice such details (or lack of them), but, to me, these omissions spoil what are often terrific pictures. 

The next time I come over, I'll bring some spares and a tube of glue, and I'll go systematically through your loco stud. I'll also look all over the layout, and the floor, seeing if I can find any bits which have dropped off the plastic RTR models; then fix them back on. 

Regards,

Tony. 

Thanks Tony. The headboard took all my attention this time. I have some bits stashed away, and I know there are others lying around the layout, but I suspect nowhere near enough to replace everything that has fallen off.

• Friendly/supportive 10

12 hours ago, great northern said:

A change from V2s at last, as Seagull comes through with the Flying Scotsman.

1511453433_9331.JPG.67ff09fe21c64ea522920803cbf2fab9.JPG

I confess that I'm struggling with colour and brightness at the moment.

268315778_10332.JPG.f60a67c16e2ee1a16d36651cd70bd843.JPG

Just not quite what I'm looking for.

Good morning Gilbert

Your second photo of 60033 Seagull is superb for one moment I thought it was a photo of the real A4.

Regards

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1