Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

Ah, Crescent Bridge. Takes me back to my years as a mod on my Lambretta coming over that bridge (I say “years” but actually only 15 months, as I soon realised the benefits of 4 wheels over two). I was still living at home (with parents) then, a mile along Thorpe Road which is the road over Crescent Bridge. I’d had what I thought was a super-cool megaphone exhaust fitted, and my dad often said/complained that at night, he knew when I was on my way home after a night out, as I sped over the bridge, with the sound carrying through the night to his distant ears.

Now if you could get a model me, to be accurate you should know I’d had the Lambretta sprayed metallic green. I will waive any image rights, of course.

Sorry - daydreaming.

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ITG said:

Takes me back to my years as a mod on my Lambretta

Can't say that I rode my Lambretta under that bridge but enjoyed the Mod nostalgia. My TV175 slimline was painted white and maroon and fully equiped with racks and fly screen but no spotlights.

I only fell off once just outside the village pub. I deserved it! Can't recall seeing a scooter on Gilbert's high ways and byways?

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, great northern said:

I'm only allowed to post one image at a time again, apparently. Here's another one of 60012 which I had forgotten about.

772207045_8125.JPG.5a7e63d01010c623279071bb65303f25.JPG

Good morning Gilbert

A great photo of my favourite A4 one of which I never saw.

Regarding images you can download as many as you want providing the total download does not exceed 10MB.

Keep the photos coming.

Regards

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, landscapes said:

Good morning Gilbert

A great photo of my favourite A4 one of which I never saw.

Regarding images you can download as many as you want providing the total download does not exceed 10MB.

Keep the photos coming.

Regards

David

The problem is David that after I've posted one image I'm not able to bring the cursor down to allow me to enter more text, and if I try to insert another image it appears before the first one. This is intermittent, which of course makes it even more frustrating.

33 minutes ago, great northern said:

The problem is David that after I've posted one image I'm not able to bring the cursor down to allow me to enter more text, and if I try to insert another image it appears before the first one. This is intermittent, which of course makes it even more frustrating.

Hi Gilbert 

some of these little glitches can be very frustrating.

Since the whole site went down I can no longer get the Layout Topics or Modelling Musing and Miscellany sections so I now have to keep the relevant layouts I follow in my reading list which again is very frustrating as most of the threads I follow are in those two sections.

Next time I insert a photo I will try to add multiple images and see how that compares with your description on the problem you have.

Regards

David

Did the whole site fall over again relatively recently? My impression (rightly or wrongly) was that there had been some sort of update a couple of weeks ago (planned or otherwise) and that since then it has taken an annoyingly long time (again, as it has done after some past problems or updates) to get onto the site each time I try.

Also noticed a few days ago lack/loss of ability to quote multiple previous posts in a reply - only one at a time seemed possible, limiting my ability to reply just once "in proper context".

Edited by gr.king

1 hour ago, gr.king said:

Did the whole site fall over again relatively recently? My impression (rightly or wrongly) was that there had been some sort of update a couple of weeks ago (planned or otherwise) and that since then it has taken an annoyingly long time (again, as it has done after some past problems or updates) to get onto the site each time I try.

Also noticed a few days ago lack/loss of ability to quote multiple previous posts in a reply - only one at a time seemed possible, limiting my ability to reply just once "in proper context".

Hi Graeme

That would make a lot of sense why I have lost access to two threads.

I was in Spain when it happened I just put it down to me clearing old data and cookies but you could be right in that there may have been another malfunction or update.

Regards

David

• RMweb Gold

3 hours ago, great northern said:

Sounds like you need to make a line break after the image before typing. Try clicking on the inserted image, then move your cursor to the right of the image, then hit enter key on keyboard to make a line break.

Edited by Mikkel
To clarify
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Sounds like you need to make a line break after the image before typing. Try clicking on the inserted image, then move your cursor to the right of the image, then hit enter key on keyboard to make a line break.

Clicking on the image caused it to turn blue! I don't know what that signifies. I managed to turn it back again, found the cursor at the top of the right hand side, and by hitting the enter key three times I more or less got what I wanted. Thanks for the tip.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert 

some of these little glitches can be very frustrating.

Since the whole site went down I can no longer get the Layout Topics or Modelling Musing and Miscellany sections so I now have to keep the relevant layouts I follow in my reading list which again is very frustrating as most of the threads I follow are in those two sections.

Next time I insert a photo I will try to add multiple images and see how that compares with your description on the problem you have.

Regards

David

Reading your and other experiences, it does seem there is something amiss, though I haven't had the diffculties you guys have encountered. Very strange. I don't think there has been another complete crash though.