Peterborough North

great northern

13 hours ago, great northern said:

The Gasgow-Colchester is a shorter train on Saturdays, so Gladiateur only has to come just far enough to avoid putting even more smoke under the roof.

393438884_4702.JPG.3c9f7d4b47dfe4741ad464279c2535b9.JPG

A few minutes later it has been replaced by Brancepeth Castle, which will take the train on , but probably no further than Cambridge.

1164890674_51626.JPG.57d5c7143a2f3d4b2c8fe877aac45c9e.JPG

I don't have the appropriate Yeadon volume for the B17s. Can anyone think of a good excuse for running 'Brancepeth Castle' on my railway?

Physically close to the Durham-Bishop Auckland line and almost (when the leaves fall) in sight of the said castle.

Running in turn perhaps?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, drmditch said:

I don't have the appropriate Yeadon volume for the B17s. Can anyone think of a good excuse for running 'Brancepeth Castle' on my railway?

Physically close to the Durham-Bishop Auckland line and almost (when the leaves fall) in sight of the said castle.

Running in turn perhaps?

It had overhauls at Darlington during the war, and between August and early October 1949, so running in turns look OK then. After that though, shedded at March or Cambridge, and overhauled at Doncaster, so very unlikely to have got that far north. It was at GER sheds all its life I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

37 minutes ago, KNP said:

PN94.jpg.4cea02c1627b47bef114ead99a982643.jpg

PN95.jpg.b950232b2c06018e77aeb571d9adae0b.jpg

This was a trial as I wanted to get the feeling of a long train (42 wagons I was informed)....

PN96.jpg.b26ef28a38c46d2beb068b795705f940.jpg

Hi

No complaints about Gilbert’s photography as he consistently produces superb images but it’s nice to see someone else’s view of a stunning model railway layout.

Lovely images

Regards

David 

• Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 12/09/2022 at 19:56, great northern said:

Time to reveal goodies, two of them today.

Gilbert,

I know that these pictures of your latest (and last?) pacifics were a while ago but I have been living it up in Italia with Mrs B for almost three weeks, we had great time which included a couple of trips on Frecciarossa train sets which were very good at 260Km/hour.

60032 and 60063 look absolutely brilliant, a tribute to Tim's work and the photographer. In particular, i really like the logic behind Gannet's grubby condition, it just seems very sensible. Seems like not everyone has been very sensible whilst we were away, glad we have lots of Euro's left.......

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1