Peterborough North

great northern

8 hours ago, KNP said:

I have decided to post my pictures in batches of three, each picture is taken using a process called post focus and on average this is 35 individual frames focused between 25mm and infinity.

They are then edited and merged using a focus merge program (in my case Serif Affinity) together to give, as near as it can, a focused picture from foreground to background.

PN78.jpg.9678331ea8f5dcc61d1a3c0bae2fa878.jpg

PN79.jpg.a6d2349fd56262c927c97c799f78b1dc.jpg

PN77.jpg.68255937d965e6ebb78e1ba4dc0e1fd7.jpg

Hi KNP 

What camera are you using?

Andrew

7 hours ago, great northern said:

The constant flow of northbound trains has now slackened, so the C12 can bring a couple of vans in to be loaded or unloaded.

1723956712_7underroof.JPG.3fa6a786508bf99bb2ed078dd028e924.JPG

The final train of the sequence then arrives. The 7.21 slow from KX seems to have been Pacific hauled more often than not, and this evening Gannet has the job. A return on an Up sleeper early tomorrow morning, perhaps?

2111099901_9321.JPG.24813586f97e0ee60d9549ed668ea24f.JPG

I'm still struggling to get the correct balance on some of these shots with the new lights, and I made rather a mess of this one, so no attempt at photoshopping. One positive is that the errant corridor connector has been swiftly dealt with.

Hi Gilbert

If you don’t mind me saying the photo looks very good to me just maybe slightly over exposed but nothing else looks wrong, on occasions when the natural light is a problem there is very little you can do to rectify the issue even with the most expensive Camera’s.

If you have the editing software have you thought of taking your photos in the RAW mode on your camera instead of taking a JPEG as you have a lot more control over the exposure before you download the final photo.

Regards

David

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, landscapes said:

Hi Gilbert

If you don’t mind me saying the photo looks very good to me just maybe slightly over exposed but nothing else looks wrong, on occasions when the natural light is a problem there is very little you can do to rectify the issue even with the most expensive Camera’s.

If you have the editing software have you thought of taking your photos in the RAW mode on your camera instead of taking a JPEG as you have a lot more control over the exposure before you download the final photo.

Regards

David

I take everything in RAW + JPEG mode David, and then go to Digital Photo Professional to do some work there on the RAW image. Then it is over to Paint.Net, where I do the layers and final editing. I know that isn't the most sophisticated programme, but it is free.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I do like that picture of the C12 under the roof, and didn't anything wrong with the slight overexposure of the scene beyond the roof. Dad's Zeiss bellows camera 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" format on 120 film would have given a similar result - if you could decern any detail under the roof. But that would have been in B&W - Dad didn't go to colour slide film till circa 1962.

Regards

Chris H

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Pilgrim in France said:

A good excuse to buy another 2 car set!

DMUs are not my favourite things, I have to admit. Tim's winter project is a two car Derby heavyweight, and that will be quite enough for me. Even that may fail to allow the A5 to appear more often.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Metropolitan H said:

I do like that picture of the C12 under the roof, and didn't anything wrong with the slight overexposure of the scene beyond the roof. Dad's Zeiss bellows camera 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" format on 120 film would have given a similar result - if you could decern any detail under the roof. But that would have been in B&W - Dad didn't go to colour slide film till circa 1962.

Regards

Chris H

The glare beyond the roof is a common factor on most of the prototype photos I have seen, so I'm comfortable with that. It was the one of Gannet that I wasn't happy with.