Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

And so I ascended, full of resolve, and got out the things I would need, only to find that I have no Decalfix left, so I can't get on with what I wanted to do. This means I shall have to run trains and take photos, but not till after lunch.

Running of trains was no problem, but taking photos in near darkness certainly was. A very dreary day indeed.

I've featured coaching stock on its own fairly often, and some fitted freights occasionally, but never, I think, cast the spotlight on the humble mineral wagon, so I shall redress the balance somewhat.

attachicon.gif15 coal.JPG

from which you will gather that the WD has been allowed to plod on Londonwards, and here it is, the driver resigned to the imminent move to the goods line.

attachicon.gif16 WD 2.JPG

I am baffled by the compensating beams between the pairs of springs on the Dub-Dee's tender. Was this arrangement used on any other eight-wheeled tender I wonder? It wasn't used on the LNER eight wheeled tenders. And might it have anything to do with the propensity for these tenders to land in the dirt when being propelled? 

I used to like seeing the Dub-Dees, so often filthy and always musical, with a variety of clanks and bongs. 

Chaz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I don't suppose it would be possible to see this in colour at some stage please? Lovely shot!

I'm afraid not, as I delete most photos as soon as I post them to save space. Because of the light conditions that one didn't look very good in colour, so that's why it appeared as it did. I'll try to remember to do a colour one for you next time I try a shot like that.

• RMweb Premium

The 1145am from Dundee appears, headed by another very famous A4. We get shots from the Spital Bridge area first, with a bright and low setting sun to contend with.

attachicon.gif14 1.JPG

There sems to be a scratch on the negative of this one.

attachicon.gif14 and 02.JPG

While this one is less into sun, but still provides plenty of shadow problems. Both have some impact though.

Murmeration it privately dear boy.

P

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't/ isn't there there is a Magazine titled the Idler? Worth a read maybe? :mail:

Worth contacting them. I wonder what they might pay for articles by an expert on the subject. I can't get on with anything yet, by the way, as there isn't enough light to see what I'm doing. :mosking:  And it's time for elevenses.

Hi Gilbert

I bet it would very nice with some wild life around it, something like a squirrel?

One with a hole in it, maybe.