Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Premium

No gruel at M&S. I've stocked up on soup, and found that if I make my porridge a little runnier than usual, all is well. I still remember Weetabix from childhood days, and would prefer it to remain a memory.

No problems here as Weety and Oaty and Porridge (even GF style) are no nos for the Duck due to the associated proteins contained within the little blightery bits.

In days of yore I used to love Oatabix with hot milk and lots of Honey or Maple Syrup. There went my teeth!

If yer Tortoise is about to hibernate or become a deceased Tortoise then do let me know as I need some crawling exercise.

Ar$£

As tor A1 names, I loved the Scott names, my favourite bring Hal O'the Wynd, which I thought was an old spelling of Wind.

Meg and Madge were also favourites, having seen both at the Plant.

The 52A A4's were not thought of as rarities at Doncaster station, at least by the 60's

• RMweb Premium

No problems here as Weety and Oaty and Porridge (even GF style) are no nos for the Duck due to the associated proteins contained within the little blightery bits.

In days of yore I used to love Oatabix with hot milk and lots of Honey or Maple Syrup. There went my teeth!

If yer Tortoise is about to hibernate or become a deceased Tortoise then do let me know as I need some crawling exercise.

Ar$£

Tortoise appears to be well Phil. It was the person holding the Procab that wasn't quite up to it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well, you see, It's like this. All of my point motors have an identifying number, I can then use my NCE system to set up to ten of them to fire in succession, using what NCE call macros. This has been done. It was a long and boring task, as there are 126 of them. Then when doing the sequence powerpoint thingies I include a prompt to remind me which macros need to be set for the next movement, and in which order. This is all slightly clever.

The operator, however, is not clever, not even slightly. The train which caused all the angst was routed into FY road 11. That road has two macros, one each for down and up trains, which is very simple. Macro 80 is for up trains entering the fiddle yard, while macro 54 is for down trains leaving it. This was an up train, but the slide on the sequence said macro 54. :scratchhead: I believe this is called operator error. So the remedy was simple, just set the correct ****** macro.

The member of staff concerned was, of course, fired on the spot. That was fine, until it became clear that no trains were moving, and passengers were getting restless. This meant that the :senile: :senile: staff member had to be reinstated, but he was ordered to make a full and grovelling apology to the Tortoise he had so unjustly libelled. The Tortoise is now taking legal advice as to the possibility of compensation. Meanwhile, some trains ran, all got sent to the correct destination, and not many fell off.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Presumably the said Tortoise was rushing back into action?

A.Sluggit

Oh yes, as the train was nearly three days late by this time. In the modern world, this would no doubt result in lots of compo, but not back in 1958 of course. No mobile phones to let "loved ones" know why you hadn't come home either.

• RMweb Premium

That last shot looks rather strange, the driving wheels show rotation yet the front pony truck wheels appear stationary.

Still, always enjoy looking at your layout pics, keep them coming.

Bill.

• RMweb Gold

Well, I saw that effect earlier on, but thought I wouldn’t say anything. The only thing I can think is that, as sometimes can happen, is that the bogie wheels have got stuck and are skating along the rails. Maybe a piece of fluff or something like that, has caused to happen. I’m sure Gilbert will sort it out in due course. But such lovely photo’s, as always. Please keep them coming.

Best regards,

Rob.

That last shot looks rather strange, the driving wheels show rotation yet the front pony truck wheels appear stationary.

Still, always enjoy looking at your layout pics, keep them coming.

Bill.

It looks like it's slipping and, as there is no motion blur in the picture on any other part of the loco.... :scratchhead:

All Pacifics were prone to slip on starting (only half the wheels are doing anything).

Good Morning

Let’s just accept Gilbert has mastered the art of creating a wheel slip in some kind of photographic imaging package and he hasn’t toldanyone.

I do like seeing a Gresley A3 with the Headboard positioned on the top lamp iron bracket.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes

• RMweb Premium

Today has mainly been a good news day. :sungum:

The featured locomotives are green and clean too. The A3 on the Leeds is confirmed as Knight of Thistle.

post-98-0-42074500-1541111394_thumb.jpg

the Up road produces another West Ridig train, the 5.33 off Leeds, and an A4 that still retains most of the shine from recent Elizabethan duty.

post-98-0-42064900-1541111508_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Every time I read this thread I’m filled with joy at how amazing your layout is and it’s continuous progress and interest.

I hope my tiny layout can have at least half as much amazing attention to detail and gorgeous looking locos to run on it

Edited by MrDobilina
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Glistening A3s are irresistible to cameras, so we have two more opportunities to admire it.

attachicon.gif7 111 2.JPG

attachicon.gif8 111 3.JPG

and I've only just realised that we actually have a moving A3 too. It must have been going very slowly.

Has the point changed under the loco and trapped the pony wheels and held the loco briefly? Enlarge the pics and look under the cab/tender front.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

Your picture of No. 21 from the rear reminds me of standing on the platform at The Cross and being most impressed by that huge expanse of shiny paint on a 34A Pacific (pity it wasn't blue). At the time I never reflected on how much labour went into keeping it so.

I love your shiny locos - most convincing, I can almost smell the oil and smoke. Full marks to the wizard who transformed these toys into convincing models.

Chaz

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Your picture of No. 21 from the rear reminds me of standing on the platform at The Cross and being most impressed by that huge expanse of shiny paint on a 34A Pacific (pity it wasn't blue). At the time I never reflected on how much labour went into keeping it so.

I love your shiny locos - most convincing, I can almost smell the oil and smoke. Full marks to the wizard who transformed these toys into convincing models.

Chaz

The wizard Tim will be gratified, and deserves to be. He is equal to every new challenge I give him.