Peterborough North

great northern

• RMweb Gold

It does thank you Phil. Absolute confirmation. What's more, I think I may have at least one unused Mike's Models kit, and so may be able to replicate this, using the "31A method".

I think I've got one if you haven't, will pop in the post if you need it.

• RMweb Premium

It does thank you Phil. Absolute confirmation. What's more, I think I may have at least one unused Mike's Models kit, and so may be able to replicate this, using the "31A method".

Just to add to that, then, I said I drilled a hole diagonally through the column, which I did and I was happy with that, but in reality the lever worked up and down in a slot in the casting.  I didn't represent that but if starting afresh might do, if only by an 'elongated oval' of fuse wire glued onto the column to represent the beading round the slot.  The other end of the brass strip that I used sticks out slightly (on the right hand side in my photo) to represent the handle's pivot, which is the side visible in Phil's enlargement in post 12997; again, if starting afresh I might make more of an effort to represent the actual pivot.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I do like that K1, I wish I could have one!

I'm sure you could Tony. Andy Rush explained to me that, as with the V2s, there were more K1s than needed except at the busiest times of the year. They were accordingly shedded at March and York in particular as pool engines, and available for use by other depots as needed. I'm as certain as I can be that the York engines would have travelled extensively around the West Riding, and so would have appeared at Wakefield. It is indeed a lovely little loco, quite dainty looking in a way.

• RMweb Premium

Just to add to that, then, I said I drilled a hole diagonally through the column, which I did and I was happy with that, but in reality the lever worked up and down in a slot in the casting.  I didn't represent that but if starting afresh might do, if only by an 'elongated oval' of fuse wire glued onto the column to represent the beading round the slot.  The other end of the brass strip that I used sticks out slightly (on the right hand side in my photo) to represent the handle's pivot, which is the side visible in Phil's enlargement in post 12997; again, if starting afresh I might make more of an effort to represent the actual pivot.

I see. The 31A method just got a bit more complicated. :scratchhead: I could be quite good at gluing fuse wire though.

• RMweb Premium

I have for you this fine morning one more picture of the K1.

Really like that photo of the K1. Very convincing. 

By the way, this thread is costing me money. ;) Peter Townend's LNER Pacifics Remembered arrived today... :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I see. The 31A method just got a bit more complicated. :scratchhead: I could be quite good at gluing fuse wire though.

Sorry Gilbert, didn't mean to make life difficult for you - as I said, I'm quite happy with my representation of it, simplified though it is - I just thought I'd mention what I thought could be done to improve matters further!

• RMweb Premium

Book Law features again tonight. The first image is very similar to the last one, but from a slightly different angle, and rather sharper, I think.

attachicon.gif88 2.JPG

attachicon.gif88 3.JPG

and is seen again about to come off the train.

Very clever link after post #13006................. :onthequiet:

I. Diot, of Tunbridge Wills

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Sorry Gilbert, didn't mean to make life difficult for you - as I said, I'm quite happy with my representation of it, simplified though it is - I just thought I'd mention what I thought could be done to improve matters further!

No problem Steve, the idea is very good. Its just that my  mind sort of read it as " Glue fuse wire to finger, then drill a hole diagonally into said digit." This is the kind of thing I have been known to do. However, there is no logical reason for such pessimism, and I shall have a go.

• RMweb Gold

A barbaric sport, Golf:

all these grown men in silly clothes hunting a small defenceless white ball, and whenever they catch up to it they whack it with a big stick with a lump of iron on the end. Even if the ball manages to hide down a hole, they pull it out and whack it again. The only defence for the ball is to hide in the undergrowth, until the nasty men give up and go away.

There should be a law against it!

:jester: :onthequiet:

Al.

• RMweb Premium

A barbaric sport, Golf:

all these grown men in silly clothes hunting a small defenceless white ball, and whenever they catch up to it they whack it with a big stick with a lump of iron on the end. Even if the ball manages to hide down a hole, they pull it out and whack it again. The only defence for the ball is to hide in the undergrowth, until the nasty men give up and go away.

There should be a law against it!

:jester: :onthequiet:

Al.

Never once, in over 50 years, have I heard a golf ball complain.

• RMweb Premium

The Stanier tank now departs and will head for the Midland lines the other side of Spital Bridge, while the loco for the Down Glasgow patiently waits.

attachicon.gif2573 and 538.JPG

The next sighting though is on the Up, as the 1000am Up Leeds comes onto view. This was a lodging turn for a 34A crew, who had taken Gannet to the West Riding the previous day on the Yorkshire Pullman.

attachicon.gif32 1.JPG

Time for a cup of tea. Elevenses.

XLNT weathering on the wooden post signal on the right.

Philth

• RMweb Premium

Gilbert can you explain how you made parcels etc on the barrows shown on platform?

Thanks Terry

Some are white metal castings I bought at an exhibition many years ago, but who from I can't remember. The rest come from Tetley's Mills, which I kept as a memento of my dear friend Dave Shakespeare. Again though, I don't know where he got them. I don't think he made them himself.

• RMweb Gold

I guess if you hit them far enough you can't hear them........ :mosking:

But if they hit you people tend to hear from you! My left wrist suffered a bit from a practice ball I watched but failed to avoid. The tv broadcaster responsible was concerned,  but I survived. 

• RMweb Premium

I am feeling insufferably smug,having completed all my tasks for today, and exceeded my target of 150 minutes power walking in a week by almost an hour. That's 14 miles, and another 14 walked on the golf course. Do I feel better for it? You bet I do.

While my evening meal is cooking, we shall do a bit of bird watching.

post-98-0-04510400-1478278574_thumb.jpg

Gannet is for some reason one of my favourite A4s. I've still not quite got the tones right though.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Gannet is getting closer to the cameraman in tonight's first image.

post-98-0-67983900-1478297379_thumb.jpg

and by way of variety another photographer has been winched skywards to get a close up of Peter Leyland's wonderful roof lines.

post-98-0-28560600-1478297496_thumb.jpg

I've even bothered nearly to photoshop the ironwork on top of the footbridge tower properly for once, not too difficult at 600% magnification.

• Like 17