Railex Buxton 6/7th July 2024

Long Line

A few late alterations.

St Ettienne is not attending.

The Peaks and Dales Line campaign led by MEMRAP will be with us to expand on their proposal.

We seem to have acquired a Waterstones book shop in the atrium outside the show entrance as part of the festival events. We are assured the ice cream parlour is still functioning though!

Naturally some may want to come earlier and get away for the footy Saturday? however the show will remain open til 5.30 as usual for those less concerned with  such things. Alternately you could wait until Sunday and enjoy the bandstand content in the afternoon too? 

A few items to set uup early in the morning but otherwise  we are on track for a good show.

As ever free roadside parking is on Park Road a short walk away.

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully make it later, footy ain’t my thing and I’m going late on so hopefully it will be nice and quiet!

Do you have a club stand? 

Great exhibition again. First time I've been able to get a good look at Copenhagen Fields - Wow!

Carn Brae looks good "in the flesh". Vale View could tempt me to O gauge!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I got there about 2pm, first thoughts were, oh it’s just one room but I managed to spend a good few hours there perusing the layouts and trade stands, well worth the trip over from crewe and the sedate trundle away to toton afterwards via an ice cream at Matlock Bath!

Found a bargain for the guys on carn brae too, a GWR 153 on the patriot fund stand for £70 DCC fitted, as they are analog I’ve been promised the chip out of it for spotting it as they run analog 

If your there tomorrow the patriot stand has quite a few DCC chipped locos, mainly steam, for really good prices so worth a look, nothing over £100, I’m afraid I had most of their Bachmann MK1s away which are only £22 a piece, there were 3 left after I was done all in chocolate and cream livery 

Copenhagen fields was a stunner, plenty to look at away from the trains 

• Like 1

Just a big thanks on behalf of the Copenhagen Fields gang for inviting us, and being such great hosts. And to the very many people who came along to watch and chat with us over the weekend. 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2024 at 19:24, tc said:

Just a big thanks on behalf of the Copenhagen Fields gang for inviting us, and being such great hosts. And to the very many people who came along to watch and chat with us over the weekend. 

Cheers Tim

It was a pleasure to have you all in the Octagon. As expected Cop Fields looked great and was well received.

We're glad you enjoyed it too..happy exhibitors lead to a happier audience.

Mark

• Agree 1