Emwell – S Scale

Hastings East – 7mm narrow gauge

Inchyra Paper Mill – 00 finescale

Indian Springs – USA/HO (1st show)

Melrose End – OO

Melton Mowbry – N Gauge

Port Willim/Trebarwith Quarry – OO9

Rovex Reborn – HO / OO

Sanderling-on-Sea – OO (1st show finished)

St Ettienne – OO9 (late cancelation)

Vale View – O Gauge (1st show finished)

Wintermans Road – OO triang

Zell / trams – HO

Nicola Landing – ON2/0N3 (1st show finished)

CLUBS AND SOCIETIES

2mm Scale Association

3mm Society

LNER Society

N Gauge Society (main stand inc shop)

Talyllyn Railway

The Gauge O Guild

Peak Rail (Buxton)

DEMONSTRATORS

David White – Slaters Plasticard latest products

Copper mine miniatures -148th Road vehicles

Andy Clayton – 4mm/EM Gauge & weathering

David Wright / Dovedale Models – Architectural and diorama modelling, crooked house model.

Rupert Brown – Large Scale Stock design & Construction

TRADESTANDS

1039 Models

Baz’ Model Railways

Booklaw

Crafty Models

EBMA

Genesis Models

Holder Collectables

Leigh Models

LMS Patriot group

Malc’s Models

MMR Models

Mount Tabor Models

Nick Tozer Railway Books

Peak Rail / Sheffield

Railstuff

Rovex Sales

SMTF

Wenslydale Railway

West Hill Wagon works

Zoe Hunter Historical Maps

As ever our website at: railexbuxton.co.uk which alongside our facebook page contains all pertinent information for visitors and ill be leaking a few juicy bits of news on  here nearer the time.

One thing for those considering staying over the weekend for this and next years shows! You'd be best booking asap as its also festival weekend in Buxton. Which means loads more evening events and entertainments inc the fair in hightown, but does mean the hotels are booked up well before.

Cheers

Edited by Long Line
added text

Posted (edited)

Possibly but there's a good train and bus service from the Peaks surrounding towns, so it'll be fine I'm sure. Provided their in work of course?

Edited by Long Line
Spelling

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, Long Line said:

there's a good train and bus service from the Peaks surrounding towns, 

Sorry but I had to smile at that quote - there may be a bus service from the Southern Peak area but just to be silly, I looked at the option of travelling by train from Matlock on a Sunday. Leave at 8.59 arrive Buxton 12.50. Visit the show then depart Buxton 15.56 arrive Matlock 19.26 - so that's over 7 hours travelling at a cost of £59 to go 20 miles up the road - wouldn't it be a good idea to have a railway line that joined the two places together . . . . . . . . 

Looking forward to my visit - must keep a check on MrsB's holiday bookings !

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Sorry but I had to smile at that quote - there may be a bus service from the Southern Peak area but just to be silly, I looked at the option of travelling by train from Matlock on a Sunday. Leave at 8.59 arrive Buxton 12.50. Visit the show then depart Buxton 15.56 arrive Matlock 19.26 - so that's over 7 hours travelling at a cost of £59 to go 20 miles up the road - wouldn't it be a good idea to have a railway line that joined the two places together . . . . . . . . 

Looking forward to my visit - must keep a check on MrsB's holiday bookings !

Just had a quick look online.. (jan timetable admitably) tp2 sat only service Matlock to buxton takes 1hr 7mins for app £8.70.. know doubt that if you looked further especially in the summer they'll be more services similar too?

Edited by Long Line
Typo

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Long Line said:

Possibly but there's a good train and bus service from the Peaks surrounding towns, so it'll be fine I'm sure. Provided their in work of course?

Good service….hmmm. Buxton as a Derbyshire town stands well apart from its nearest comparable towns in those terms. By rail,great if you’re coming from the  Manchester area or even from Sheffield and Chesterfield with a change of trains. But from the rest of the county,there’s only the TransPeak bus service from Derby via Matlock &Bakewell. There is of course the rural bus service from Ashbourne along the A515 that diverts to serve villages such as Tissinton and Hartington enroute. The 515 is a limestone wagon nightmare,scenic though it may be and a favourite for suicidal bikers at the weekend.But that’s the way I must drive from Burton for my couple of visits in July to the Festival. From this end,there is no viable option.( Which is 50 yards from from the county boundary ).Approximately 1hr15 mins . 

• RMweb Premium

This was a good show in its first year and even better in its second, very much looking forward to its third. And definitely one of the more interesting venues. Also conveniently local for me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Got the Premier Inn booked and excited to see Copenhagen Fields 'in the flesh' for the first time; not been before but reports of previous years are good so really looking forward to it.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Following today's election announcement for the 4th July

Yes the venue will be used to count High Peaks Ballots Thursday night. But iv'e been assured by the venue management today that the Council aim to be gone by 3am, or 5am Friday morning if there's a re-count.

So all cleared away when we roll in at 8am Friday morning to mark out the show.

That's another bullet dodged lol

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...

Apparently there are roadworks scheduled on A6 Fairfield Road in Buxton on Sunday, which usually leads to long queues into town. Anyone driving to the show from the North on the A6 would be advised to use the A5004 Long Hill route instead. Source - Peak Travel Watch on f/b.

The last two shows have been of a very high quality, and I'm sure this year's will be as well.

• Informative/Useful 1

For his followers on here and you-tube or those interested in N Gauge or scratch building with card? We have Michael Scott from Chandwell fame attending the show on Saturday only.

The first of his q&a sessions will be at 10.30 next to the N Gauge society stand. Follow up sessions during the day will be timed to suit public interest and Michaels resolve lol. This is a new thing for him and we appreciate his choosing our show to make his first public meeting one-to-one so to speak.

Naturally the layout will remain at home but he is bringing some video of the Chandwell project and a few of his latest card creations to help expand on his methods.

Its worth noting that for the smaller scales modeller we also have Copengagen Feilds, Melton Mowbry, Blue is the colour, the NGS main stand inc shop and Richard Dalimore of Copper Mine miniatures is demonstrating his growing range of road vehicles which are available in other scales.

699f7300-03c6-11ef-80e4-5fc3d249d86e.jpg.jpeg

• Like 1

Another of the scale socities attending this weekend are the Gauge O Guild. Phil Garner (organiser of the new guild wigan winter show) will be one of the members attending to discuss modelling at 7mm to the foot and expand on his new role at Wigan. We have several 7mm layouts attending this year as practical examples of the 'senior scale'.

Off to load vans etc now

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I might try and make it over tomorrow, I’ve got a job out of toton in the evening so might come early afternoon and head off to there from Buxton 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Benjamin Brady said:

Carn Brea is now all set up for the weekend 

IMG-20240705-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20240705-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20240705-WA0006.jpg

And so is Appledore as I can see it behind. Shame that I can't be there this weekend.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

And so is Appledore as I can see it behind. Shame that I can't be there this weekend.

Yes, it is Appledore.  All set up and running okay when we left, ready for Saturday morning.

• Like 1