Hattons Model Railways to close

AY Mod

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, GrumpyPenguin said:

The facility you are referring to is actually in Westwood, not Margate

Although many know it's not actually in Margate no-one in the business, absolutely no-one, says 'down at Westwood'.

• Informative/Useful 1

You know, I'm at a bit of sixes and sevens at this time; last year, before Hattons went under, I'd pre-ordered a batch of their LYR Genesis coaches to go with an Class 5 Radial Tank I'd bought second-hand. But I've not heard a peep about what is going on now.

3 hours ago, NZRedBaron said:

You know, I'm at a bit of sixes and sevens at this time; last year, before Hattons went under, I'd pre-ordered a batch of their LYR Genesis coaches to go with an Class 5 Radial Tank I'd bought second-hand. But I've not heard a peep about what is going on now.

Rails is managing the pre-ordered coaches. They've been pretty quiet, but we've been assured that more information will be forthcoming closer to the coach's arrival. More info under the Rails of Sheffield area.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Although many know it's not actually in Margate no-one in the business, absolutely no-one, says 'down at Westwood'.

Chas and Dave certainly didn’t.

8 hours ago, GrumpyPenguin said:

The facility you are referring to is actually in Westwood, not Margate

Westwood has split personality. The postal address for Wonder Works is Westwood, Margate. Just along the road towards Westwood Cross, the street address becomes Westwood, Broadstairs. So Wonder Works IS in Margate as far as Royal Mail and mapping systems describe it, and anyone from outside the locality would likely rely on those for the location.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NZRedBaron said:

You know, I'm at a bit of sixes and sevens at this time; last year, before Hattons went under,.........

Hattons didn't 'go under'.  

They closed down in a very impressive orderly manner, left no debts, made arrangements to have their projects completed by others, and there was still money left over for it's owners.

• Like 5
  • Agree 7

14 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I'm well aware of that, my comment was in the true RMW spirit of hair splitting.

And not forgetting that they produced a "Lord Westwood" instead of a "Lord Margate!.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Harvey said:

Westwood has split personality. The postal address for Wonder Works is Westwood, Margate. Just along the road towards Westwood Cross, the street address becomes Westwood, Broadstairs. So Wonder Works IS in Margate as far as Royal Mail and mapping systems describe it, and anyone from outside the locality would likely rely on those for the location.

Most locations have two adress's ;

The actual address &

The postal adress (which can be several miles from the actual location), which cases confusion which is down to Royal Mail when they devised the UK Postcode Syste.

• Informative/Useful 1

18 minutes ago, GrumpyPenguin said:

I'm well aware of that, my comment was in the true RMW spirit of hair splitting.

And not forgetting that they produced a "Lord Westwood" instead of a "Lord Margate!.

An interesting character who lost out when Hornby's owner in the 1970s, Dunbee-Combex-Marx, collapsed.

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/westwood_the_pirate__our_memories_827907/index.shtml