Hunslet 14” OC 0-6-0 Saddle Tank Locomotive(s)

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Down_Under said:

Saddle Tank Sunday

IMG_7384.jpeg.109141fa41d889e0a26859d9a6019868.jpeg

In that view the tank wrapper looks like it's been very evenly rolled, with a good straight line along the sharp lower corners - something few modellers get right. Have you tried the Sharpie test? - cover the whole wrapper and see if the light reflection is even. You can always rub a spot with sandpaper if there's the odd problem, especially where wrappers tend to ramp up where they are soldered at the front and rear. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Daddyman said:

In that view the tank wrapper looks like it's been very evenly rolled, with a good straight line along the sharp lower corners - something few modellers get right. Have you tried the Sharpie test? - cover the whole wrapper and see if the light reflection is even. You can always rub a spot with sandpaper if there's the odd problem, especially where wrappers tend to ramp up where they are soldered at the front and rear. 

Thanks! I surprised myself! Large part due to the excellent design and etches by Mike I would say. There are relieving lines etched into the underside for the sharper radius corners at the bottom of the tank. 

It sits nice and level on a flat piece of glass. I haven’t tried the sharpie test.

J

• Like 1