Hornby 2024 range announcements

AY Mod

Still no BR late crest J36, or BR green, early crest, single-chimney King? Astonishing!

I like the early coaches, though. I can imagine that Royal coach turning up on quite a few imaginary light railways.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
Just now, sjp23480 said:

No TT:120?  Or will that be a separate announcement?

Yes. That is due in April.

• RMweb Premium

At least there is plenty of choice in the railroad series which will be welcomed by those who cannot afford the premium models. No Earth shattering announcements but I like the Locomotion model

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sjp23480 said:

No TT:120?  Or will that be a separate announcement?

If there's just one post to read it's the first one.

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold

Well that was exciting,

though knitting, needles, is interesting. Won’t be getting one. 
Over to Accurascale and Bachmann for the rest of the year. 

• Like 2

I think in the grand scheme of things it’s better to have another smaller announcement to continue to catch up on previous years. There should still be further releases during the year after all. My wallet will get a bit of a rest however there are still a few things of interest such as the Intercity 08, Black Prince, eastern region Brit and a couple of the era 1 coaches so all is not lost. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

A complete absence of 31's,56's and 60's - perhaps there re-tooling them? 

Good point although I'd expect Hornby to come away with a nosebleed if they went toe to toe with either Accurascale or Cavalex's offerings.  Only way  I could see them getting anywhere would be by price. That said we need to see if the production models from AS & Cav justify the hype.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

2 minutes ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

That might make a few hearts skip a beat, but it's a 9F masquerading as Black Prince, and the ER Brit is the decidedly less interesting Lord Hurcomb. 

You mean the 9F that carried the name Black Prince for much longer than the Britannia of the same name even existed?

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, phil gollin said:

Wow !

Hornby have really gone off the Southern !

Still with more announcements during the year  ( anyone have any details ? )  there is still some hope.

Hope these sell well for Hornby.

There's still 5 Southern region models on the list of forthcoming items to be released and many others still available at the moment. Perhaps its just that the area has had loads in previous years or perhaps people that don't buy models for an area don't generate sales and so Hornby won't be producing any... I've heard that before somewhere... 

• RMweb Premium

My predictions were all completely wrong. I had used the Rovex 70 in my prediction of a Dublo Princess (yes, I know that's a bit silly, but we all know it would have sold to collectors anyway!).

I would be tempted by the B1 and L1 if they make it to the bargain section... Several here positive on the B1 so that may not happen.

Nice to see railroad model pricing held rather than continuing to rise. 

GNER HST is glorious and glad to see them tackling the better early privatisation liveries. 

Overall though, very disappointing. No pre-orders from me. 

Does anyone know what happened to the Sound P2 Prince of Wales? Seems to have vanished into the ether! Many thanks.

edit: product code R3983SS

Edited by NTrains
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, E100 said:

Personally it feels like this may actually be more realistic and achievable so I welcome this change of tack as opposed to a huge list of stuff we may not see for several years.

Some other welcome changes that I hope continue:

• Big name preserved locos like Black Prince and Mayflower produced as a priority
  • Era 1 locos and stock being split from train packs
  • Modern block train stock being sold in larger packs (TTA)
  • Strong emphasis on more affordable Railroad models. No one else fulfils this area of the market that exists to grow the hobby.
  • No blanket increases i.e. if these existing toolings were reintroduced in 2023 I wouldn't expect the prices to have been lower in the majority of cases.

In many ways I do think they are answering modellers requests.

Wait... ...no Flying Scotsman! They really are listening to modellers requests. Still there's plenty of time left in the year... 🤣

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

If someone has the time and a 2023 Catalogue it would be good to see what's been chopped e.g. Macaw and potentially the P2 Steam and Sound model 

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, NTrains said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Sound P2 Prince of Wales? Seems to have vanished into the ether! Many thanks.

I suspect that the out of the demand of the 3 this was probably the weakest in pre-sales.

Interesting that EM with it's extra deflectors is now a Steam and Sound exclusive.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, NTrains said:

It's still available https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/74184/R3983SS-Hornby-LNER-P2-2007-Prince-of-Wales-Steam-Generator and still on the current Hornby 2024 order form to retailers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2