Hornby 2024 range announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

Graham Muz's blog is interesting in that it says "nothing here for Southern modellers" and then goes on to list a string of previously announced Southern locos due to arrive in the shops over the next 6 months..... A number of them date back to 2019-20

Well that's because he already covered those back when they were announced in the first place 😉

• Agree 4

Bit of a disappointment for us modellers who dabble in early 00s midlands layouts, would have had money of a virgin hst but there's always next year

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Ravenser said:

Graham Muz's blog is interesting in that it says "nothing here for Southern modellers" and then goes on to list a string of previously announced Southern locos due to arrive in the shops over the next 6 months..... A number of them date back to 2019-20

I in fact state "No SR/BR(s) new tooling announced today, nor even any new SR/BR(s) new liveries on existing tooling!" 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

GBRF 67 is already back with Colas and carrying their logos isn’t it? That is only thing I might have been half interested in, and only if it was the better version with working lights and better chassis/motor but not now it’s not going to used by GBRF..

It is the better version, give away us the gap between the fuel tank and body rather than a solid moulding with a weight in 

the prototype in that livery had such a short life, gutted I never got to drive it, saying that I never even saw it in GB livery, I’d probably only be up for one when it inevitably reaches the bargain bin and update it with colas logos 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Well I was right about Locomotion. Those saying that it would be unmakeable must be a tad crestfallen!

Not really, I'm very happy it's being done. I stand by what I said which was that it would be difficult, not impossible 🙂

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

Of which, I'm quite surprised at the price of the M7, 30244. £193+ ? 

And the time it's taken to get new versions of the H class to market ? In one case 5 years ! 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

Wow, my retailler said not to expect much, thought he was kidding lol.

Very dissapointed at the lack of new sound profiles for the TXS system.

Where there any HM7000 announcements? Can't help but think that's a missed opportunity. 

• Like 1

As we all like a moan I'll join in. It's more the lack or joined up thinking from Hornby for myself. 

I'd of been interested in the GNER HST had they made it post Mallard refurbishment. 

It feels odd they decided to change thier GNER 91 from pre mallard to post half way though the announcement period. Maybe the HST shall go the same way. 

I'd of though having both the HST and 91 that could run together would be better. I understand there of course was a crossover period between for the mallard refurbishment, but the slight difference is enough to put me off, yet annoyingly I'd rather of had the pre refurbished GNER mk4 set. I ordered it originally as it was advertised as this, i even wrote to Hornby to complain of their change of mind. 

I'll still part with some of my cash and order a Purple 67. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Great to see the GNER HST with original light lenses. Bit pricey though.

Interesting that the seacow is priced the same as the ex Lima sealion. Is this a mistake?

Also looking at the pictures it appears the main range HAA is now in the Railroad range with a slightly lower RRP than before. It could just be they've used the wrong picture.

Suprised not too see the airbraked salmon wagon added to the range. Hopefully this'll come soon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Did I miss the announcement ?

Hornbys website hasnt been destroyed by the crush either.

Highlight for me is the Hornby factory available in 00.

There are further announcements to come during the year including new loco tooling items and a separate TT update in April.

Lets see what April brings.

I will say i’m glad to see prices are being held.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Looks like their focus is almost fully on TT120 to me, fair enough. I rarely buy Hornby anyway now, Bachmann and Accurascale leading the way in OO and have been for some time imo. 

And Rapido.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, it's-er said:

Skaledale R7405  Small Water Tower - that looks like a useful model which will fit into many layouts.  Can someone confirm where the full size version is, please?

John S

It looks like the East Grinstead water tower.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, Roy L S said:

Eeek! If it is that one then I have just changed my mind about Polly...

The Youtube video shows them all as the 'Not Thomas' body and not true Nellie/Polly etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Downer said:

And Rapido.

Not in non-steam models.  Some of us do like post 1968 modelling.

I was rather hoping Hornby might have helped lift the gloom post Hatton's with a surprise but sadly not, although the "Seacow" re-runs are welcome.

Pass the Prozac...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Disappointing set of announcements but inevitable I guess given the backlog, so understandable. Lack of new TXS profiles is disappointing too. I don’t think it’s fair to say they’ve given up on OO - they’ve made some pretty chunky announcements with lots of exciting new tooling the last few years and it’s their home turf, they will want to compete and will continue to do so. Hornby seems to get a lot of stick compared with their competitors, we need to give them time to settle down under their new leadership. Let’s see what the announcements later in the year bring. 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, adrianmc said:

Regarding the Tri-ang 0-4-0T, has there been some erroneous posting?

Nellie was the blue locomotive, Connie was the yellow one and Polly the red?

I think Andy had used old pictures of Nellie Connie Polly and 25550 , or Hornby supplied them , but in the actual presentation these models are based on the later 0-4-0 pocket rocket tooling and are not the originals , which is a bit of a shame 

Who wants a Jinty with Rovex 70 splattered over the side? What’s that trainset with Early BR Jinty , probably like the original but maroon LMS coaches purporting to be separate 1st and 3rd coaches - I know it’s a trainset but that irks me and is not the attention to detail the original Rovex company would have had .

My initial thoughts on Locomotion were yay ! Then I remembered that was my thoughts on Rocket . I signed up for one on release it arrived months later went round the layout once and is now in the bookcase!  While I’m sure the movement on Locomotion will be intriguing almost inevitably it will turn into a £170 ornament ! So possibly not 

It was always going to be a difficult time as they move towards announcements throughout year of items closer to production  but I do think they needed to pull another loco tooling out of the hat to keep us happy . Definitely feeling deflated after that and coupled with the Hattons news , really not optimistic ! 

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

For pure nostalgia reasons, I may pick up 08 570 as a display case item. I was at Haymarket when we set about painting all our 08's in bespoke colours. Here's 570 getting it's inter city liver in 1988.

4.jpg.8655bd14466728ac0327f2ca477917db.jpg

6.jpg.f948b4d025c4c608224cbc81939abb25.jpg

• Like 13

Just now, Legend said:

I think Andy had used old pictures of Nellie Connie Polly and 25550 , or Hornby supplied them , but in the actual presentation these models are based on the later 0-4-0 pocket rocket tooling and are not the originals , which is a bit of a shame 

We used the images supplied in the official presentation. It seems they have now changed the loco to the standard 0-4-0 in different colours.

On the plus side, I bought a special set of Romford wheels and axles to re-wheel the Margate phone number loco, so these won't be wasted after all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Seems such a shame to me that Locomotion is producing so little enthusiasm. I still think it'll sell very well, but I'd have expected a bit more positivity around it.

It has certainly brightened my day up. Even if you don't model early railways, having an RTR model of one of the most important early locomotives is a wonderful thing to see.

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

To me the range looks like a rerun of existing models with changed names. The only ones that look interesting are the range of very early coaches, but then I would have to find a loco to pull them.

• Like 1