Hornby 2024 range announcements

AY Mod

Judging by the June 2024 range announcements. It could literally be absolutely almost anything including a fictitious Avanti West Coast APT-P. (It looks rather nice well done Daniel!) 

Attached image Copyright © Daniel Wilcock. All rights reserved.

DanielWilcockAvanti.gif

Edited by RyanN91
fictitious typo.
  • Like 7

Well today they announced a club special edition of Locomotion as she was in 1857 while on display at Darlington North road. Not too sure what the differences are between that and the general release as per today model. Strangely limited to 730 units.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JSpencer said:

Well today they announced a club special edition of Locomotion as she was in 1857 while on display at Darlington North road. Not too sure what the differences are between that and the general release as per today model. Strangely limited to 730 units.

Perhaps production batch of ~1000 but they are expecting a high failure rate?! 😞

Luke

• Funny 6

I think the next time that Hornby announce an announcement. I think I'll be lucky to guess GWR Merlin INTERCITY RailRoad MK3 coaches or something. 

What's the actual difference between both R30346 and R30345 S&DR Locomotion No 1s? Apart from one being a limited special edition club exclusive and the other is not? It's interesting that it's only the members club exclusive that shows the product package box design. I wonder how R30346 will differ to R30345? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RyanN91 said:

I think the next time that Hornby announce an announcement. I think I'll be lucky to guess GWR Merlin INTERCITY RailRoad MK3 coaches or something. 

What's the actual difference between both R30346 and R30345 S&DR Locomotion No 1s? Apart from one being a limited special edition club exclusive and the other is not? It's interesting that it's only the members club exclusive that shows the product package box design. I wonder how R30346 will differ to R30345? 

R30346 is "Locomotion" and has a nameplate and a bell.

R30345 is S&DJR No. 1 and has no nameplate and no bell.

Luke

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, luke_stevens said:

Luke

Did it win a prize?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

36 minutes ago, luke_stevens said:

Luke

Thank you Luke I thought I saw those differences the first time.  R30345 is as her display condition of 1857, the colours on the livery also appear to be slighty different too then R30346.

23 hours ago, JSpencer said:

Apparently it does not carry the nameplate and the wood is darker (this is according to Martyn Weaver (Hornby)  during an interview with Jenny Kirk that happened at GETS yesterday

• Like 1

On 07/10/2024 at 16:31, RyanN91 said:

Judging by the June 2024 range announcements. It could literally be absolutely almost anything including a fictitious Avanti West Coast APT-P. (It looks rather nice well done Daniel!) 

Attached image Copyright © Daniel Wilcock. All rights reserved.

DanielWilcockAvanti.gif

Looks good, but if they had been introduced in the mid 80's they would almost be 40 years old now and would be being withdrawn!

Luke

• Like 2

On 13/10/2024 at 18:28, adb968008 said:

IMG_0259.jpeg.a348e22c91bde452992607e6d4eb5d62.jpeg

close up today

She looks beautiful!  I hope that card says October 2024! No I don't mind waiting until December if we have to wait! October, November or December I'm fine with that! 

1 hour ago, RyanN91 said:

She looks beautiful!  I hope that card says October 2024! No I don't mind waiting until December if we have to wait! October, November or December I'm fine with that! 

Not sure how reliable it really is, but the famous (or possibly infamous) metadata on the Hornby web site has an availabliity date of 20th November, with the recently announced club special a week later.

This forum doesn't appear to have a wishlist section for Hornby so I'll throw a thought on here in the hope that maybe, just maybe, it might gain a little traction. It's a simple ask... a blue/grey version of the latest tooling for the 4-VEP. That is all...

• Agree 2