The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2024

didcot

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, didcot said:

Leclerc true to form stuck it in the barrier during FP2. He does seem rather prone to silly mistakes. 

While Sainz is thereabouts race after race, it seems and only 4 points behind. So, true to Ferrari form, which one is being dumped?

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Does Lando half half a chance if Piastri can block Verstappen off the line? More so than if Max was alongside I'd say, but not how much it improves things

Jo

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, didcot said:

Early award for Dick of the Day.....Perez!

Looking at the pics of his crash it looks like he still does not have the aero updates over the engine cover? 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

27 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Looking at the pics of his crash it looks like he still does not have the aero updates over the engine cover? 

He won’t have any updates on now

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, ess1uk said:

He won’t have any updates on now

And as for his no-claims bonus, that went long ago!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Does Lando half half a chance if Piastri can block Verstappen off the line? More so than if Max was alongside I'd say, but not how much it improves things

I rather suspect a driver sitting in 5th place is rather hoping they all go for it at the outset and take each other out!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

Lap 5 and Crashtappen is whining about being forced off! Said over the radio " ok if that how it is by forcing people off, tell the FIA that's how we will race!"

• Funny 4

So glad to hear G P giving Max a hard time.

New category "@anker of the weekend " goes to Crashtappen. Really showing his true colours.

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

Just now, friscopete said:

.I thought Lando was going to slow down on the line ..its been done before

Bad move by Mclaren. Pitstops put him ahead and he took it. Piastri didn't have an answer to Lando's pace.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, didcot said:

Bad move by Mclaren. Pitstops put him ahead and he took it. Piastri didn't have an answer to Lando's pace.

Even with a maximum result, McLaren still mess up and leave everyone unhappy.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see Mr Bean "racing" under his true colours once more and failing to profit.  Can't he be stripped of any points for this race?  He needs to be taught some humility.

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)

When asked about his radio messages he was unapologetic. Basically said he didn't need to apologise and if you don't like it stay home! How disrespectful to a team he owes everything too.

Should have said this was Crashtappens interview. 

Edited by didcot
Clarification
  • Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 minutes ago, didcot said:

When asked about his radio messages he was unapologetic. Basically said he didn't need to apologise and if you don't like it stay home! How disrespectful to a team he owes everything too.

Lando doesnt really owe much ..He was picked out an early age as a hot shot so lucky Mclaren signing him .His family are very wealthy  so finance no issue and he has a great managment team .He also has a smart brain .It does him no harm to  mark  out his stake  and attitude like Hamilton Verstappen etc .

My view is if you are legitimately  in front stay there .Wins dont come knocking that easily  and those few points lost may cost him and the team dear down the line.

As for Verstappen I always saw him from his first f3 days as a brilliant but very flawed individual  who may well kill some one in the end ,maybe himself or others.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, friscopete said:

Lando doesnt really owe much ..He was picked out an early age as a hot shot so lucky Mclaren signing him .His family are very wealthy  so finance no issue and he has a great managment team .He also has a smart brain .It does him no harm to  mark  out his stake  and attitude like Hamilton Verstappen etc .

My view is if you are legitimately  in front stay there .Wins dont come knocking that easily  and those few points lost may cost him and the team dear down the line.

As for Verstappen I always saw him from his first f3 days as a brilliant but very flawed individual  who may well kill some one in the end ,maybe himself or others.

I questioned how smart Lando is - fighting so hard against his teammate at the start at the expense of Max almost getting past.

Almost Bottas Mexico 2021 start esque with Max on the outside.

Edited by OnTheBranchline
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, didcot said:

Lap 5 and Crashtappen is whining about being forced off! Said over the radio " ok if that how it is by forcing people off, tell the FIA that's how we will race!"

Kettle & black come to mind

• Agree 6