The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Formula 1 2024

didcot

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Attention all petrol heads , Goodwood Festival of Speed .

Starts tomorrow for the next four days , all available on Youtube as linked .

And, as a local, if you are attending please check for road closures before you set off. I believe the M25 at Wisley is shut again this weekend and the A27 has had numerous closures at Shoreham for the last year in different configurations complicated at the moment by someone trying to take out a slip road crash barrier a few weeks back.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/07/2024 at 16:06, OnTheBranchline said:

What is saving Red Bull right now in the constructors right now (if not the drivers) is the McLaren/Mercedes/Ferrari are fighting amongst themselves and compromising each other's chances of catching up in the constructors. In spite of Perez's multiple issues. 

I completely agree.

I also feel that this is also the reason Verstappen has very little left to do to secure the title. He is a long way ahead & while the McLarens, Mercedes & Ferraris have have all shown they can win occasionally, none are likely to do it consistently. It needs 1 of them to consistently win & the others to all relegate Verstappen into 5th/6th each race, which looks highly unlikely.

Regardless of the championship, it is nice to approach each weekend (for now) wondering how it will unfold instead of wondering if anyone can catch the lead Red Bull.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

F1 Briefings  · 

Follow

· 

Toyota is set to make a thrilling return to Formula 1 in 2025, teaming up with Haas. Get ready for groundbreaking advancements and a dynamic partnership that could reshape the F1 landscape!

NOTE FROM ME = I cant see it if Ollie Bearman, a Ferrari driver is in the team next year, and a Toyota engine collaboration.

image.png.9643056194ac773b59a7221a984def96.png

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Here's the footage , it's worth switching on the captions for clarity , but

it sounds like it was a car fault not a driver fault .

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 12/07/2024 at 22:34, Andrew P said:

F1 Briefings  · 

Follow

· 

Toyota is set to make a thrilling return to Formula 1 in 2025, teaming up with Haas. Get ready for groundbreaking advancements and a dynamic partnership that could reshape the F1 landscape!

NOTE FROM ME = I cant see it if Ollie Bearman, a Ferrari driver is in the team next year, and a Toyota engine collaboration.

image.png.9643056194ac773b59a7221a984def96.png

JUST AS I SUSPECTED.

Haas to continue to race with Ferrari engines until 2028

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/40574194/haas-continue-race-ferrari-engines-2028

• Like 3

I actually felt sorry for Ocon when he was without an F1 seat for the 2019 season.  He returned in 2020 (even winning at the Hungaroring), but has appeared to go backwards down the grid ever since.  There's a lot of new talent (not least Oliver Bearman) so it's time for some of the old stalwarts (less flattering names available) to move over.

• Like 4

At first glance Marko would seem to be partly responsible for the problem, as RB employ Perez and Ricciardo. However, according to reports, following the power struggle earlier this year Horner wields all the power at RB now, so Marko's public statement about drivers may also be a dig at Horner. Machiavelli had nothing on this lot!

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It's all very well saying that some drivers are holding up progress of younger ones , but

if cars X , Y and Z are only capable of certain results it wont matter who is driving ,

be it a seasoned driver or a talented rookie  they are not suddenly going to be race or

championship winners overnight . look at the Mercs this year , even a 7 times champion

couldn't get a decent result out of it until halfway through the season when the car had been

developed a lot .

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Absolutely. However, the flipside is when you get a driver who is getting all the results (i.e. Verstappen) while his team-mate in ostensibly the same machinery frequently fails to even qualify in the top 15.

• Agree 2

I noticed Crowdstrike branding on the Mercedes team kit and driver helmets. Hope they aren't suffering as a result of today's IT fiasco. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, didcot said:

I noticed Crowdstrike branding on the Mercedes team kit and driver helmets. Hope they aren't suffering as a result of today's IT fiasco. 

gawd I hope their wheel tethers never fail, that’s an unfortunate name for a racing series. 

©️ BBC News 

IMG_9841.jpeg.6369e550c6c14adee4c236d9e5960e66.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

That affected our IT dept at work - they were completely uncontactable. I wonder who the IT dept rings when they need an IT dept...

Start shouting at the IT Department of the supplier who's system has gone pop.

Says someone who works in an IT Department. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

apparently turning the PC off and on up to 15 times solved the issue. Quite what you do when the frustrated user has thrown the thing out the window and gone down the pub is another matter altogether!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

7 minutes ago, didcot said:

Leclerc true to form stuck it in the barrier during FP2. He does seem rather prone to silly mistakes. 

Maybe his car got affected by this IT issue and he got the blue screen of death on his steering wheel 🤣

• Funny 7