☆ SWAG Members Day- SUNDAY 28th APRIL 2024☆

NHY 581

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

And Sven, their Swedish cousin. 

You are Humphrey Lyttleton and I claim my five pounds.

Boyo.

(posted before reading Rich's contribution)

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 17/03/2024 at 00:54, St Enodoc said:

Boyo.

On 17/03/2024 at 07:43, NHY 581 said:

I see, Welsh speaker izzit ? 

FVR62lPXoAA_MQo.jpeg-04.jpeg.0687885b29b0111feb5d9ab4375aac54.jpeg

On 17/03/2024 at 08:35, St Enodoc said:

Pike.

Definitely on the list - and I understand that Philip Madoc was a Welsh speaker (excellent actor, too).

This probably came in useful when filming "A Mind to Kill" - the English and Welsh versions of episodes were reputed to have been filmed one version immediately after the other.

I must admit that I liked the dry humour in the English versions which found their way onto Channel 5 the other decade.

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

Definitely on the list - and I understand that Philip Madoc was a Welsh speaker (excellent actor, too).

This probably came in useful when filming "A Mind to Kill" - the English and Welsh versions of episodes were reputed to have been filmed one version immediately after the other.

I must admit that I liked the dry humour in the English versions which found their way onto Channel 5 the other decade.

He was a Merthyr boy and a natural charmer too. We once enjoyed a post show supper with him at Stratford many years ago. 

• RMweb Gold

Cardiff calling, Cardiff calling. 

News of a late substitution has arrived st Chateau Sheep. Chris H, aka @Gilbert wasn't happy with certain aspects of Timmy's Bottom and rather than present something which in his eyes wasn't quite up to scratch, he's bringing Plopper Street Sidings along instead. 

Full details to follow. OP updated. 

I thank ewe.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

Cardiff calling, Cardiff calling. 

he's bringing Plopper Street Sidings along instead. 

English rubbish at its best...inspired by the capital of North Wales....work that one out...

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I am very sorry about Timmy's Bottom.

Not as sorry as I am - I feel it may be re-named... SKIPton feels appropriate at the moment 😉

C

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

I am very sorry about Timmy's Bottom.

Memories of Timmy Two Trousers! 😎...sorry folks...'in joke'!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

As we can see, Gwen tells us we have 31 days to go. 

20240329_075712.jpg.cfc061ed7a92dd9de75d5326a04ba054.jpg

Over the coming weekend, I'll be showcasing some more of the naughty types who are so graciously providing us with the content of this year's extravaganza. 

Rob

• Like 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
On 20/03/2024 at 10:42, Re6/6 said:

Memories of Timmy Two Trousers! 😎...sorry folks...'in joke'!

Wasn't he related to Arthur "Two Sheds" Jackson?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

A bit later than anticipated, here's the next featurette. 

A late substitution from @Gilbert, Cropper street brings a bit of diseasalisation to this year's SWAG. To quote Chris H, 

"Cropper Street is a small 00 scale shunting layout based on a slightly enhanced “Inglenook” or shunting twig design and has been built using Peco Code 75 track. The baseboards are a laser cut kit from Scale Model Scenery and can be stored in a 77L “Really Useful Box”.

It is loosely based in the 1960s and 1970s and is located on the BR London Midland Region. The scenery and details have been inspired by urban landscapes around the railways in Liverpool. The real “Cropper Street” was a road next to Liverpool Central station. " 

52509774057_d2300cc573_z.jpg.df8e69e1e7dc8da74defde143b7a750d.jpg

53467734113_de414e2a7c_c.jpg.442185a26d226fafb1b329dd10d1e007.jpg

I'm sure if you have any questions regarding DCC, Chris and Eric will be able to answer them. They ( and Bill who is cup tied SWAG week end ) certainly set me up with faultless advice. 

Oh and don't forget that Chris is a dab hand at weathering and I'm sure Plopper Street will have some fine examples of his craft on display. 

Cropper Street is scheduled to feature in Railway Modeller magazine in May 2024.

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

And going the other scale size way, we welcome @Gedward to the demo team. 

Working in 7mm, George will be on hand to discuss and enlighten visitors on his scenic techniques, displayed so very well in his Bodmin Moor diorama. It's heartening to see George's modelling is back in the groove after an enforced hiatus and his latest efforts hint at what is on the cards. 

A few of George's own images. 

A4doc_014a.jpg.ca37a34cc02b22e3697faea92e3eecaf.jpg.7e172e137b729ac3321f547b96cb725d.jpg

A4doc_016a.jpg.896eed7afed18a5f16149b8218887da0.jpg.df425679a9463d7171a0e9057a75c5a7.jpg

Demo_Close_02copy.jpg.75031f3b3ff77a0f262c305f1cf47d1f.jpg.ab1daee3b85ca8869b059afbf0edc2e6.jpg

BM_Backscene_02copy.jpg.e3d613d13d72864763660bc23ca660e6.jpg.5800c31d91abcf511d2c95132374de08.jpg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

A timely reminder from Brian regarding our traders. 

If you are attending and think 247, Mudmagnet or Lord and Butler can provide you with that special something then contact them ahead of the day to ensure it's available on the day. 

Drop them a line or ring to arrange. 

Rob

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

BRING AND BUY. 

And whilst we are on the subject of buying and selling, if you are looking to pop things into the infamous SWAG Bazaar for the delectation of others, then ( ideally) you need to download and fill in a form and bring it with you to accompany your previously enjoyed items of desire. 

THE FORM. 

SWAG2024 Bring and Buy Form-Extremly Very Final Form Rev3.docx

Please download and populate. You MUST include your contact details, particularly your phone number as post event, I'll be ringing you to obtain your bank details and transfer the monies across to you. I anticipate that will be at least the weekend after once all available funds have dropped into the account. 

If anyone has a drama downloading the above form, then email me on...

rob.gunstone@hotmail.co.uk

and I will attach a copy by return. 

And last but certainly NOT least, we are once again indebted to Aidan @Culmhead and Godfrey @Godfrey Glyn or as we prefer to call them The Special Retailing Executive ( a little known branch of Universal Exports ), for their continuing support and guidance without whom the workings and administration of the Bring and Buy  would be an awful lot trickier. Unfortunately, Aidan has been deployed overseas and will miss the day but I'm sure we will ensure he is kept up to date with the day's developments as they unfold. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

Many thanks Rob, I was thinking of bringing a few items to sell, your thoughts and the "B and B" form are most helpful. Looking forward to the day and a really excellent  clutch of layouts!

Best wishes, Tim

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 01/04/2024 at 09:26, Tim Chambers said:

Many thanks Rob, I was thinking of bringing a few items to sell, your thoughts and the "B and B" form are most helpful. Looking forward to the day and a really excellent  clutch of layouts!

Best wishes, Tim

Hi Tim, 

Glad we have helped. The form is an updating of the original to reflect the recent changes to SWAG. Will be lovely to see you and I hope you enjoy the day. 

Rob

• Like 1