Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

NCE Holder design is mine!!

TomCrewe

Have you considered or tried one where the controller sits at 45 degrees?

Then you could use the controller in the cradle, obviously you'd need to support it with the hand whilst your thumb presses the buttons but it might be useful.

1 hour ago, DLT said:

Funny place to install the control panel....

Done deliberately so as to prevent me from driving stuff over the edge and onto the floor.... this was when I hadn't got the fiddleyard fitted!

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Giles said:

Done deliberately so as to prevent me from driving stuff over the edge and onto the floor.... this was when I hadn't got the fiddleyard fitted!

Ah yes, better than my method of G-Clamping a random chunk of wood across the end...

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Giles said:

1 hour ago, DLT said:

Ah yes, better than my method of G-Clamping a random chunk of wood across the end...

Why do we only mix up forward and reverse when there's a 4 foot drop involved?

Mike.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Why do we only mix up forward and reverse when there's a 4 foot drop involved?

Mike.

Many years ago now, with me & my then young son, it was a mix up with self-isolating points, on a half-built layout up the garden shed.

"Dad, the train's not moving?"

Me, in the middle of doing something else so not paying attention, flicks point to power the right track. Meanwhile, he had turned the controller to maximum.

No end stops on the board - cue one flying Atlas O Scale Switcher - Terminal Velocity onto concrete....

000023538176.Jpeg.48784674c0c3e773bb7cac514b12caf5.Jpeg

Fortunately, it was a cheap loco, in a Foobie livery. The chassis was salvaged & runs with another bodyshell to this day.

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

Many years ago now, with me & my then young son, it was a mix up with self-isolating points, on a half-built layout up the garden shed.

"Dad, the train's not moving?"

Me, in the middle of doing something else so not paying attention, flicks point to power the right track. Meanwhile, he had turned the controller to maximum.

No end stops on the board - cue one flying Atlas O Scale Switcher - Terminal Velocity onto concrete....

000023538176.Jpeg.48784674c0c3e773bb7cac514b12caf5.Jpeg

Fortunately, it was a cheap loco, in a Foobie livery. The chassis was salvaged & runs with another bodyshell to this day.

The solution to ANY loco not working, is always to turn it up full bore!

• Funny 2

On 24/07/2024 at 15:07, woodenhead said:

Then you could use the controller in the cradle, obviously you'd need to support it with the hand whilst your thumb presses the buttons but it might be useful.

Not really It's a handheld control and I only use it that way, a fixed point controller would not work for me that why I chose this one.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2024 at 16:07, woodenhead said:

The simple solution to this is to mount it on a surface that is at 45 degrees or any other angle you feel comfortable with.

I like it as a product.

I'm not an NCE user, but have pointed others that are towards it. 

Andy