Next Years Announcements (9th Jan btw)(not wish listing!, well that was the idea, but......)

Pmorgancym

On 07/12/2023 at 10:15, ThaneofFife said:

i dont expect anything whizz bang new that will shake the british modelling world up like their excellent HST and Class 56 and 60 etc did when those hi-fi models were first released 15 odd years ago...........seems others have taken the mantle now on that front as far as diesel and electric releases are concerned.

Very wishful thinking here but a second stab at another Class in 87 in executive livery but with a uniform application of the red stripe 87 033 would be superb to make up for the cock up that we got on 87 009!  Accurascale, Heljan and Bachmann can all manage to do it right, I mean what was Hornby thinking anyway?

I sense a sly dig earlier at Pete Waterman not sure sure what thats all about but I like his endless enthusiasm for this hobby and think he is a great ambassador for this hobby IMHO.

I Pete Waterman can be a little.cringe worthy when thrust into the limelight

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

Rather than new items I'd like to see Hornby get the backlog down. Still many outstanding items that were delayed due to things like Covid.

Clear the backlog, then look at making nice shiny new things 👌

Patiently waiting for a shiny TPE 802.... (Now listed as summer 2024)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 12/12/2023 at 10:57, Fair Oak Junction said:

I'm still waiting for the Malachite Lord Nelson. Still listed as Spring 2024, but recently moved from Jan/Feb to Apr/May.
I'll be shocked if it even comes out by summer 😄

Last time I checked, Jan and Feb aren't in spring, but April and May are....

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
On 07/12/2023 at 12:18, Watto1990 said:

Thus month’s Hornby Magazine promises a full report on Hornby’s 2024 plans in the next issue, so we should know sometime shortly before January 11th.

They normally hold back on publishing it until the reveal (notwithstanding this years faux par), though whether that still applies with the new announcement model remains to be seen.

I'm expecting a just a couple of new tooling announcements and some reliveries and strong emphasis on what is due into stock soon looking at existing deco samples to enable them to shift towards 'termly' announcements (I saw termly as who knows what frequency they will be).

I would anticipate the following announcement will tie in with the Model World Live event at the back end of April, especially as this ties in well with the other 'Hornby' brands.

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Fireline said:

Last time I checked, Jan and Feb aren't in spring, but April and May are....

Well yes, but it did say Spring 2024 on Hornby's website BEFORE they changed the planned release to Apr/May.

I can only go off what is written.

Edited by Fair Oak Junction

As I don't think I've seen it posted yet on here, the 2024 announcements are Tuesday 9th Jan according to a video sent to retailers by the new CEO. No time was mentioned but I think this year it was 7.30am, so that may be the same for 2024. When more information is sent I shall post it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, sawyermodels said:

No time was mentioned but I think this year it was 7.30am, so that may be the same for 2024. 

It will be 09.00.

• Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 4

18 hours ago, Fair Oak Junction said:

And as is tradition, it will take at least 2 days to access the Hornby website 😄

17 hours ago, Hroth said:

RMweb will take a hammering too...

And at the same time all those streamers on YouTube will be disappointing their 'followers' as they attempt to stream the news real time from a website that is down due to the volume of people all trying to access it, some of them I remember were even using RMWeb for their feed to their news to their 'followers'

At least RMWeb will have had prior access so it is just us RmWebbers loading the massive pages of pictures slowing it down - just need to be patient whilst it loads and then we can all do the 'Nothing in it for me' chant.

• Like 8

9 am or 11 pm as long as I get to view the full 2024 range that's all ( January 9th isn't it?).  You would think with continuing advances in technology etc. Also with it nearly being 2024! That websites shouldn't still be crashing in this day-and-age due to an extremely high volume levels of traffic ( I know currently we can't odds this unfortunately) but who knows? Hopefully one day It will soon (fingers crossed) become a thing of the past!  

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

9 am or 11 pm as long as I get to view the full 2024 range that's all ( January 9th isn't it?).  You would think with continuing advances in technology etc. Also with it nearly being 2024! That websites shouldn't still be crashing in this day-and-age due to an extremely high volume levels of traffic ( I know currently we can't odds this unfortunately) but who knows? Hopefully one day It will soon (fingers crossed) become a thing of the past!  

Internet bandwidth is expensive.  A website can't afford to have the excess hanging around for traffic that turns up once or twice a year. Its possible to draw on extra bandwidth through the hosting provider for these odd spikes (aymod is the person here who knows about these things) but they do need to be arranged for.  On the other hand, some webmasters don't seem to be on the ball. Or like Generals, they plan for the previous war...

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It’s interesting that everyone seems to be not wish listing locomotives. What about stock we don’t want…. Have I got that tight?

Well, I definitely don’t want to see a Bullied 4EPB… hopefully my reverse logic will work wonders. 

Griff

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phatbob said:

Mystic Bob predicts that yet again my annual whish for a DCC giraffe car will again go unfulfilled. 😉

As will my longstanding wish for a Turbospace Battle Car!

😕

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

RMWeb is the go to place for the Hornby Announcements and I think Andy should be congratulated for that . Always comprehensive coverage . The Hornby site usually falls over .   I’ve got this months Railway Modeller and it also refers to having the Hornby 2024 announcements in its February issue , out 11th January (same as Hornby Mag) . I do enjoy the excitement of it , but I do think it’s not really the best way to do things - especially as we are still waiting for large parts of the 2023 announcements - and maybe even the year before ! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Legend said:

especially as we are still waiting for large parts of the 2023 announcements - and maybe even the year before ! 

There is stuff from the 2020 & 2021 announcements still outstanding 😄

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2