A Railwayman's View - The Photographs of Ronnie Gee, last remaing stock now half price

workev2000

We are now offering the last remaining copies of the first book in the Railwayman's View series at Half Price. This well-received book features over 80 high-quality photographs taken by life-long BR railwayman Ronnie Gee. Featuring steam and early AC electrics, the photographs were taken on the London Midland lines between Wilmslow and Manchester London Road (Piccadilly) stations. 

Working in signal boxes and stations Ronnie had access to the latest "gen" so captured many rare workings in the area, seemingly always having his camera to hand.

The book can be ordered at www.ellybellypublications.co.uk for £7.95 plus £4.00 Postage & Packing.

If you model the 1950s/60s steam or the transition to diesel and electric, these brilliant photographs provide inspiration for lineside scenes as well as train formations.

ellyBelly Publications

My project.png

Edited by workev2000
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I have lived in Stockport all my life and followed the railways from my childhood. This book comes highly recommended for its quality photographs from early nationalisation up to the start of the modern electric era. I particularly enjoyed the account of Ronnie's activities joining W.H.Whiteworth on his travels around with there cameras.