Advice on feed and isolating joiners please.

Chrisr40

Hello, thanks for clicking on this topic. I am looking for some guidance on a layout I am building for a friend. I am trying to work out feed and insulated rail joiner locations so would be very grateful for your advice.

My friend has a disabled daughter and very rarely gets time to himself to indulge in the hobby so I thought I would build him a small  n gauge shelf layout he could put up in his garage. I tried to keep the track plan simple as I am used to working in oo and only use dead frog points but have a few live frog n gauge points to hand.

On my pic the yellow indicates where I think I need Insulated rail joiners and red is for power feeds. 

Any and all advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Chris

20231106_204705.jpg

Edited by Chrisr40

26 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

Each turnout should be fed from the toe or switch end - it looks like that's what you've done.  I think some of the insulated joiners could probably be dispensed with, but I don't see any issues with what you propose.

Thank you very much Dungrange.

• RMweb Gold

Isolating joiners on the two rails coming from the frog and then feeds from all the toe ends as stated above and to the sidings beyond.  Section switches if analogue and loco isolation is required.

Alan

• Thanks 1