Rapido Port of Par Bagnall 0-4-0ST (OO Gauge)

AY Mod

Back in 2021 the erstwhile Wessex Wagons released a collection of Dapol-produced limited-edition Cornish China Clay private owner wagons - I obtained 8 of these, including 3 'Par Harbour' opens because the port is about 15 minutes' walk from my home so I just had to (same with the 'Twins'!)

Since then the Wessex Wagons business has been passed to Yeovil Railway Centre which has continued issuing such wagons, and a recent e-newsletter (I'm still on the mailing list) has notified a re-run of some of these Cornish-themed wagons, including the 'Par Harbour' wagon:

http://www.yeovilrailway.freeservers.com/model_railway_wagons.html

I am aware that these wagons are not exactly 'cutting-edge' and won't appeal to everyone (just as well as they're still very limited editions), but perhaps they would have some 'posing' value.....? However a conundrum is the order quantities vs P&P costs - still, I thought I'd mention it here for anyone who may possibly be interested and wouldn't otherwise have known of their existence.

The prices have inevitably risen too since 2021......

Edited by Halvarras
Clarification of p&p costs
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Halvarras said:

Back in 2021 the erstwhile Wessex Wagons released a collection of Dapol-produced limited-edition Cornish China Clay private owner wagons - I obtained 8 of these, including 3 'Par Harbour' opens because the port is about 15 minutes' walk from my home so I just had to (same with the 'Twins'!)

Since then the Wessex Wagons business has been passed to Yeovil Railway Centre which has continued issuing such wagons, and a recent e-newsletter (I'm still on the mailing list) has notified a re-run of some of these Cornish-themed wagons, including the 'Par Harbour' wagon:

http://www.yeovilrailway.freeservers.com/model_railway_wagons.html

I am aware that these wagons are not exactly 'cutting-edge' and won't appeal to everyone (just as well as they're still very limited editions), but perhaps they would have some 'posing' value.....? However a conundrum is the order quantities vs P&P costs - still, I thought I'd mention it here for anyone who may possibly be interested and wouldn't otherwise have known of their existence.

The prices have inevitably risen too since 2021......

There's a special on currently - post and packaging for 5 for the price of 4. You can also order to collect not only from the centre, but also the shows they'll be at coming up. 

I've ordered a few Wessex Wagons. Some are very close (but not perfect) to prototype. Some are just fun to own.

Always recommend going to their website first - there are morally dubious eBay sellers who have priced stock twice as high when it's still available direct through YMC / Wessex Wagons. 

• Like 1