Rapido Port of Par Bagnall 0-4-0ST (OO Gauge)

AY Mod

I shan't repeat the language I used when I read the announcement lest the good Mr York ban me for life but there were several outbursts of expletive joy!

Now just decide which ones to get and how I can justify four of them to my wallet...

• Like 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I’ve said on the J52 thread that it’s lovely but the wrong scale for me. However, my other half is called Judy* and on a recent Cornish holiday she insisted on buying a postcard of said loco, so I can feel my card easing out of my wallet…

RT

* Yes, we are Richard and Judy.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Did think watching one of them struggle up the bank out of Parkway that someone needs to do a 00 version. Now to decide whether I want Alfred or Judy. It's a shame that they're not available separately in the light green livery.

Edited by hornbyandbf3fan
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

As a self-confessed addict to collecting small industrial locos or anything associated with docks, this announcement is not good.

Not good at all.

I’m a shunting locomotive addict, and I have been sober haven’t bought a loco for 122 days…

That might change very shortly…

Must resist… MUST resist…

PS

My ❤️ reaction to the original post is not “supportive” … it’s LOVE! 

Edited by SteveyDee68
Added the PS
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Rapido on what will no doubt be a very welcome announcement!👍

We were about to list these locos in the forthcoming Quirky Poll but will now replace them with something else. Yet another winner for Quirky!

(The Quirky Poll 2023 will run from around mid-December - more details at that time.)

Brian (on behalf of The Quirky Poll Team)

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It had originally been planned to name her Chough after the distinctive species of Cornish bird. The message was received by Bagnall as Cough, which they thought was rather strange

and to this day, spellcheckers have improved very little 🙄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Who's sat on that Bagnall?

Wozzn't me, Guv ! Gor blimey strike a light, cross me 'art. I never dun nuffin. Honest Guv. 

It wuz 'em wot dun it.........bu I never seen nuffin. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I had never heard of these before today. They are certainly among the most weird looking locos I've seen. Fortunately for my wallet, I don't think even Rule 1 would stretch far enough for me, but it will certainly be interesting to see what other people do with them.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, MarkSG said:

I had never heard of these before today. They are certainly among the most weird looking locos I've seen. Fortunately for my wallet, I don't think even Rule 1 would stretch far enough for me, but it will certainly be interesting to see what other people do with them.

I instantly recognised them as Bill and Ben - never really thought they would have been based on real locos even though all The Railway Series ones are so should have - so I've learnt something today :)

Probably not ones for me to buy but their unusual design and history should hopefully mean they are great sellers.

• Like 1