Paul Shannon - British Railways freight terminals since 1960, Crecy Publishing : Manchester, 2023.

C126

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

Are there two versions of this Paul Shannon book? The Crecy, Amazon and Strathwood websites state the the book has 152 pages, but the above ‘Contents’ page lists 213 pages. Clarification would be appreciated - many thanks!

Perhaps @Strathwood is best placed to comment?

Steve

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, 55020 said:

Steve

I obtained my copy direct from Crecy and can confirm that it has 216 pages , including the index pages and a final page advertising Hugh Longworth’s locomotive compendium.  

Cheers

Darius

• Agree 1

• Trade Member
5 hours ago, 55020 said:

Steve

This title has changed its release date umpteen times from the publisher's original release date of October 2023, its cover has changed too and it seems the pagination along the way since Crecy first announced it and its contents, therefore yes, I have updated our website accordingly, thanks for pointing it out.

https://strathwood.co.uk/products/british-railways-freight-terminals-since-1960?_pos=1&_psq=terminals&_ss=e&_v=1.0

81uGKladtGL._SL1500.jpg?v=1723200751

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

blue Class 37 on the cover

The 37 is the background picture on the back cover.  Front is as @Strathwood has posted above.  Hope this helps.

Incidentally, the missing items I was expecting were a few pictures mentioning the last, smaller 'purpose built' goods sheds such as Paddington New Yard and Crawley's 'Dor-to-Dor' warehouse (although L.I.F.T., etc. are mentioned) - the coverage of recent terminals is very good for the modeller I thought - and track diagrams as per the articles in Traction.  But I am still glad I bought it.

Edited by C126
Typo.