38th Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition - 21st/22nd October 2023

adrianmc

• RMweb Gold

I shall be there tomorrow, unless Babet is too unkind, then it might be Sunday. Unfortunately someone was misguided enough to remove the tracks from Lewes, so I shall have to change onto a Brighton and Hove Regency Route omnibus.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

It will be my first visit to Uckfield show on the Saturday then doing the Bluebell Railway on the Sunday so staying in Uckfield on Saturday night are there any decent real ale pubs in town or curry houses?

David

As far as I am aware there are only three pubs in Uckfield these days. Its along time since I have been in teo of them though.

The Railway opposite the station.

Alma Arms in Framfield Rd is a Harveys pub ands certainly used to be very good. Head South of the station and turn left at the traffic lights by the petrol station. I would say about a 7 - 10 minute walk from the station.

The Ringles Cross on the North edge of town on London Rd. Never been in it.

'Banbury' is loaded ready for a 8 am arrival at the venue. We are down on crew today due to illness but should be ready by opening. It will be tight though as it normally takes two hours with a full crew. We will probably have to have fewer trains in the fiddleyard on Saturday but Sunday we have a full crew.

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, phil_sutters said:

I shall be there tomorrow, unless Babet is too unkind, then it might be Sunday. Unfortunately someone was misguided enough to remove the tracks from Lewes, so I shall have to change onto a Brighton and Hove Regency Route omnibus.

Nasty drizzly rain. No point in getting wet at the beginning of the day. Tomorrow looks at lot better. Glad to be down here rather than up north.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Went today.  On of the best shows I've attended in a long time with a superb selection of excellent layouts and great to see so much of The Master's (Iain Rice) work to in one place.  Congratulations to all involved in staging it 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Home but cream crackered after an emotional  (for various reasons) but hugely rewarding and enjoyable weekend at Uckfield. Many thanks to the organising team,but particularly Adrian who, as usual, just dealt with whatever was thrown at him in a calm and measured way - a great exhibition manager.

A couple of snaps of the North Cornwall Minerals and East Suffolk Light - more tomorrow when I’ve had a descent Kip! 😊

Jerry

IMG_1908.jpeg.837a59f8eba5ffdb0d9f944f92a1b715.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg.c91ad820d82e646919319affa64e0c32.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Home but cream crackered after an emotional  (for various reasons) but hugely rewarding and enjoyable weekend at Uckfield. Many thanks to the organising team,but particularly Adrian who, as usual, just dealt with whatever was thrown at him in a calm and measured way - a great exhibition manager.

A couple of snaps of the North Cornwall Minerals and East Suffolk Light - more tomorrow when I’ve had a descent Kip! 😊

Jerry

IMG_1908.jpeg.837a59f8eba5ffdb0d9f944f92a1b715.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg.c91ad820d82e646919319affa64e0c32.jpeg

Thanks for bringing these delightful models. It was good to see them close-up.

Adrianmc -

Congratulations to you and your club team for presenting such an excellent show. The Iain Rice Extravaganza was a tremendous showcase of highly detailed modelling, and the range of minimal space layouts was also inspiring - the daytime/nighttime lighting sequence of the SNCF’s Cessy-En-Bois was very effective.

However, I arrived on Sunday and the show guides had just run out. As the 2023 show has ended, please could you now make a pdf of the guide available on your club’s website to assist those who of us who missed out? Thank you.

Edited by ModRXsouth
Added wording.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very sorry to have missed this great  show - a combination of a very late return home at 0130  on Sunday from a badly delayed railtour and misplaced bank cards - now found - but obviously only after I'd reported them lost after a forensic but fruitless search at home...meant a 7am drive down was impractical - a great shame as there were many layouts and friends I wanted to  see. If all goes well I'm part of an operating team for a layout next year so fingers crossed..

Chris

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Arrived home just before half ten last night, tired but very pleased to have been part of what was a very special exhibition. As Jerry has said Adrian was just fab, no dramas and the support and welcome provided by the club members was simply superb. The visitors were also lovely. Knowledgeable and good humoured. All of this made for a truly enjoyable weekend in great company. 

Rob. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I would just like to echo my thanks to Adrian and the whole UMRC team for hosting a fabulous exhibition and looking after us so well.

So nice to have help both unloading and loading the van and checking in on us for drinks throughout the day including any cover required.

A great Saturday night social too including my first attendance at the famous pub quiz prepped by Adrian. Food was great all weekend although now it’s back on soup and salad to offset the puds from the indulgence over the 2 days.

It was my show debut for Wenford Dries and overall I was pleased how it ran and I received some very nice comments both days. I have updated my RMWeb blog if of interest rather than take up too much real estate on this thread.

Thank you to all that helped out and to my neighbour Rob (with the fabulous Ewe layout) for our chats and banter throughout the duration. 

FF79C29E-92B0-4B37-BC66-AFD8E59044C6.jpeg.dd63d32a24128d3767fbca3a0302ada6.jpeg

Finally, great to see friends and make new ones at the show.

Thank you,

Pete

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Adrian for organising a very special show.

Hepton Wharf had its origins in a build a layout in a weekend event at Scalefourum in 1993. The photo from Ian's Cameo Layouts book shows the results of the weekends efforts and the protagonists involved. from left to right, Don Leeper, Iain Rice, Jonathan Leeper, Tony Wilson, John Chambers, Tony Hill and Gordon Ashton.

image0.jpeg.89ded1a29785813b991bd584ca093b6c.jpeg

Tony Wilson visited the show on Saturday but yesterday we were able to get John Chambers, Tony Hill and Gordon Ashton in front of Hepton for a little bit of a reunion. Gordon will also be one of the operators for Hepton Wharf when it appears at the SHMRC show in Portsmouth on 18th November this year. 

SHMRC Exhibition Thread

image1.jpeg.24e7a98e429e6f66fcef32d017f374b0.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dear All,

The Uckfield Model Railway Club (UMRC) is aware of a developing situation regarding APCOA issuing PCNs to those using the Uckfield Station car park over the weekend of the Exhibition.

As our publicity stated, by arrangement with Network Rail and APCOA, the Uckfield Station car park was free to use both on the Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October by visitors to the town and exhibition. 

However we had an instance of someone at the beginning of the week receiving a PCN, issued on the 3rd November, for parking on Sunday 22nd October. They contacted the Club and we passed their registration number and PCN details to our contact at APCOA with the result that the PCN has been cancelled.

We thought that this may well have been a one off, but other visitors and several of our Club members have received PCNs in the post this morning, dated 9th November, and all relating to using the 'free' station car park on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October. 

In the short term please could anyone who has received a PCN for using the Uckfield Station car park on the 21st and/or 22nd October please email the Club using the address:

enquiries "at" uckfieldmrc.co.uk

quoting their car registration number and PCN number - it would also help if a copy of the PCN was attached to the email if you are able to.

We will then forward details to APCOA on Monday.

Please accept the Club's apologies, but rest assured we will do our utmost to get the situation resolved.

A message outlining the above will be shortly be put on our website and Facebook pages.

Regards

Adrian

Edited by adrianmc
PCNs issued for Saturday as well as Sunday
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Redkiterail said:

my pictures are on my flickr album linked below if Uckfield or RMweb members want to use them feel free as long as copyright is shown as mine

53307906164_1e0a64eb72_k.jpg.23ef49c044e360d2559e6e0d2896e9fc.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/redkiterail/albums/72177720312429603/with/53307906164

There's a couple of nice images of Ewe therein. 

Many thanks, 

Rob

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/11/2023 at 11:26, adrianmc said:

The Uckfield Model Railway Club (UMRC) is aware of a developing situation regarding APCOA issuing PCNs to those using the Uckfield Station car park over the weekend of the Exhibition. As our publicity stated, by arrangement with Network Rail and APCOA, the Uckfield Station car park was free to use both on the Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd October by visitors to the town and exhibition. 

An update on the above situation.

We have received an apology from APCOA and the assurance that "all the PCN’s issued for visits on either 21st/ 22nd October have been cancelled in full".

Apparently their system was recently upgraded and it appears that a technical glitch with the removal of the enforcement failed resulting in it still being live.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A photographic retrospective of the 38th Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition has just been uploaded to the Uckfield MRC website:

http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhib23nf.html

Weald_Hall_Saturday_Lunchtime.jpg.5067c6808749a45c862888f01becf2b5.jpg

There is also provisional information relating to next year's show at http://www.uckfieldmrc.co.uk/exhibition.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1