The next diesel/electric loco from accurascale?

Since we’ve had the 92 and 37 so far from these guys and the 31, 50 and 89 are due in the next few months. I was wondering on what other diesel/electric locos could be done next?  I know the favorite atm is the 40 but are there any others that haven’t been done or could do with the accurascale upgrade?

cheers Craig 

Sooner or later they are bound to do the ubiquitous 47 and 08 (and of course such variants as the class 13).  These are locos which have dominated the railway scene for the most of our lives, and whilst there may be decent examples on the market from other firms, Accurascale can probably do it to an excellent standard and do it cheaper.  I see these as no-brainers, they are machines which modellers will demand for years to come, so they can do reruns as and when. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Moley48 said:

I'd like to see something like a 317, 321 or maybe even a 310.  Would be nice to see AS produce an EMU of some description. 

They don't really qualify for this thread as they aren't locos of course.  The AM10s were particularly attractive with the early wrap-round windscreens.  They have this in common with the Trans-Pennine DMUs, but Accurascale seem adept at catering to such options with alternative front ends, and they could include the class 123 fairly easily this way. 

The marketing problem with EMUs is that they didn't stray off their normal routes so they only really appeal to modellers of those lines, sadly the same of course is true of the TP sets.  As far as I know the only RTR class 124 was to the Trix oddball scale of 3.8mm/ft.

9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Sooner or later they are bound to do the ubiquitous 47 and 08 (and of course such variants as the class 13).  These are locos which have dominated the railway scene for the most of our lives, and whilst there may be decent examples on the market from other firms, Accurascale can probably do it to an excellent standard and do it cheaper.  I see these as no-brainers, they are machines which modellers will demand for years to come, so they can do reruns as and when. 

A class 47 is a big ask…..   There already is the new high detail Bachmann 47, shortly to be followed by the new high detail Helijan Model… and to soak up the less detailed obsessed there is a Hornby 47….

The last time we had 4 choices for the 47, two quickly dropped off…. Helijans first attempt and the Vitrains model…

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

A class 47 is a big ask…..   There already is the new high detail Bachmann 47, shortly to be followed by the new high detail Helijan Model… and to soak up the less detailed obsessed there is a Hornby 47….

The last time we had 4 choices for the 47, two quickly dropped off…. Helijans first attempt and the Vitrains model…

exactly, i'd say the 08 has two very good models, much better than the current 31 and 50 out there AS are replacing, surely better loco's to pick off.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andy Mac said:

True but Bachmann drip feed duplicate liveries, still no Scottish 47/4 large logo after over 10 years, no blue with orange cantrail and no Mainline 47.  They seem to like Inter City swallow and european RFD though. 

And I'm not sure Heljans forthcoming release will hit the mark and stand alongside the new Bachmann.

• Agree 1

I don't see the point in an AS 47, the Bachmann one is extremely good and whilst expensive when first released, it is often reduced to around the price AS would change, and Bachmann could possibly react quick to combat a first run of AS 47's.

The 08/09 I reckon is a more attractive duplication.  Quite a few body detail differences and could be tooled to incorporate the other similar shunters in the 10 to 13 range.  The Bachmann and Hornby models haven't been updated in quite a few years.

I'd like to see an 06, 81/2/3/4, and 303/311/314 EMU's. A 120/126 DMU would be great too!

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, NBL said:

I don't see the point in an AS 47, the Bachmann one is extremely good and whilst expensive when first released, it is often reduced to around the price AS would change, and Bachmann could possibly react quick to combat a first run of AS 47's.

The 08/09 I reckon is a more attractive duplication.  Quite a few body detail differences and could be tooled to incorporate the other similar shunters in the 10 to 13 range.  The Bachmann and Hornby models haven't been updated in quite a few years.

I'd like to see an 06, 81/2/3/4, and 303/311/314 EMU's. A 120/126 DMU would be great too!

Heljan are already doing the Class 11 and 12s with Model Rail.

Jason

• Agree 2

I'd think a Class 08/09 could be a good shout - loads of variations and liveries, seen for decades all over the country. That sounds right up Accurascales street to me. As much as the Bachmann and Hornby models aren't bad, they're both getting pretty expensive for what they are and there's loads of oddball one-off depot pet liveries we've not seen produced RTR yet.

Classes 81-84 would be great, something not produced yet (or for a very long time in the case of the Class 81)

I'm also surprised that no first generation Cross-country DMUs seem to have been produced yet - Classes 119, 120, 123, 124 and 126 would seem a bit of a gap

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Heljan are already doing the Class 11 and 12s with Model Rail.

Jason

That they are, but their track record recently hasn't been great at all, which is a shame as their 26/27 are fantastic models.

• RMweb Premium

The thing with the class 08/09 is there are some USP’s to go at. Lighting / automated uncouplers (could be specced as tension lock / Kadee / magnetic at purchase with aftermarket exchangeable modules for example) / superior sound package / not produced to date detail variants. 

I’m not sure I see the same appeal with the class 47 right now.

• RMweb Gold

The Class 310 and superficially similar 312 (different front end details and different arrangement of guard's van doors being the two main differences) actually covered quite a wide area, the 310s initially being confined to the WCML but did work up to Manchester, around Birmingham and out of London, so three of the most populous areas of the country, and in later years were regularly diagrammed up to Lancaster on summer Saturdays from Birmingham, whilst in addition to the small Birmingham batch of 312s, the later design worked the Great Eastern and the Great Northern where they replaced the 31s and Mk1 non corridor stock Accurascale are producing.  The range of liveries is also extensive.

So, a suite of tooling that allows the 310 and 312 to be modelled, in 3 and 4 car formations could tick a lot of boxes in terms of operational areas.  More so than, say, the Mk5 sleepers or the soon to be withdrawn Nova 3 Mk5 push pull sets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Class 33 - apart from the Heljan early roof versions, the rest are heavily flawed, either with missing panels on the sides (printed on), or extra panels on the roof etc.

While they are robust mechanically, DCC  sound wise, they are not easy to set up either. 

They can even do an Irish one to remind people of the Lima version LOL

Edited by JSpencer