Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold & Premium members only. All users can browse and contact the sellers.

Bound Magazine Titles - Offers Welcome

• RMweb Gold

Bound Magazine Titles - Offers Welcome

I am helping a friend to clear out her late father's collection of railway items.  Normally I wouldn't list magazines on here, but these are all professionally bound copies.  To confirm they are not the modern binder style things that you thread a magazine in to and put the shelf ... these have been professionally stitch bound (I believe) into a hardback book style.

I have enclosed a couple of pictures, but they are only small pictures (apologies I didn't take them)  but show the style.  We are keen for them to go to a good home, a couple of titles have already been sold/moved.  They are located in the Dartford area, just south of London, and because of weight, will need to be a collected at a time convenient to all.  Postage is not a proposing because of a) the weight, and b) a lack of time to parcel things up - I am not local to the collection so cannot help in that respect.

Those titles and dates available are as follows .. to the best of my knowledge each year is a complete year, I honestly do not believe there are any issues missing from a year at all, but they are advertised on the proviso that I cannot be 100% sure, so they maybe.  But in my personal view its unlikely that there is any missing issues.

For the avoidance of doubt, each volume is a single hardback book - multiple volumes, means multiple books!

Locomotives of the GWR Parts 1-12 in 2 volumes. 1952
Modern Railways 3 volumes 1962-64 
Modern Railways Pictorial Vol 1-5 +

Modern Railways Pictorial Profile ( not sure of date ?1980s) - One volume
Motive Power Monthly Vol 1-6 starts 1986
Railway World Specials one volume
Yesteryear Transport one volume (starts 1982)
Steam Days. 21 volumes from 1987 to 2006
British Railways Illustrated 4 volumes 1991-1996
Steam Railways 21 volumes 1982-2002
Steam World 20 volumes 1987-2006
Entrain 5 volumes 2002-2006
Railways South East 2 volumes 1987-1992
Railways Illustrated 2006 one volume
Zeleznici Magazine 3 volumes 1999-2002
Rail Express 7 volumes 1996-2002
Rail Professional 6 volumes 1998-2004
Traction 2 volumes 1994-1998

If there are no individual expressions of interest, we would be happy for a railway/society or established restoration project to take them, with a view to selling on and raising funds for their projects.

If there is any interest, please make an offer.  We are of the view that such superb tombs go to a good home, rather than the income, so a token amount could be acceptable.  I'll collate the interest and go with the most viable option (in terms of bid, collection time, and ability to collect etc), before passing the 'winning' individuals contact details to my late friends daughter so that you can arrange a suitable collection time between you.  

They will need to be collected by mid-late October, so no major urgency, but please bear this in mind.

Any questions, please do ask, or drop me a PM.

• Advertiser
    MarshLane
  • Date
    05/09/23
  • Price
  • Category