Liliput (Trix) motor woes.

I recently acquired a non-runner E3001. The body had been repainted (airbrushed?) and is excellent. Only one panto fitted (should there be two?) but I've wanted one of these since the 1960s, and I've now got one - and at a good price too.

Advertised as a non-runner, but I've previously seen a number on here that have been repaired in different ways so I took a chance. When I took the power bogie out, I was surprised to see the motor had its (mazak?) frames broken. It might be possible to araldite them together as they fit quite well. Or o dI replace the motor? Any suggestions welcome - I haven't had chance to search the forum yet. Nor take any pics.

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

I recently acquired a non-runner E3001. The body had been repainted (airbrushed?) and is excellent. Only one panto fitted (should there be two?) but I've wanted one of these since the 1960s, and I've now got one - and at a good price too.

Advertised as a non-runner, but I've previously seen a number on here that have been repaired in different ways so I took a chance. When I took the power bogie out, I was surprised to see the motor had its (mazak?) frames broken. It might be possible to araldite them together as they fit quite well. Or o dI replace the motor? Any suggestions welcome - I haven't had chance to search the forum yet. Nor take any pics.

Hornby Class 86 chassis - probably needs adjusting for length, but fits a treat!

The spares are still available from the Trix Collectors Association - or some such group.

CJI.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1