BR: FROM GREEN TO BLUE

18B

Hi

noticed that there are two different covers to this book, BR: FROM GREEN TO BLUE 

Would anyone happen to know please if there is any difference in the pages inside to the two different books? 

TIA

23 minutes ago, 18B said:

Hi

noticed that there are two different covers to this book, BR: FROM GREEN TO BLUE 

Would anyone happen to know please if there is any difference in the pages inside to the two different books? 

TIA

No, I'm sure there was only ever one print run. The cover image was changed from two Class 40s (IIRC) to the two withdrawn D600 Warships at Barry at a very late stage, the earlier image crept into the initial publicity and updating this took a while.....

• Informative/Useful 1

4 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

No, I'm sure there was only ever one print run. The cover image was changed from two Class 40s (IIRC) to the two withdrawn D600 Warships at Barry at a very late stage, the earlier image crept into the initial publicity and updating this took a while.....

A green loco on the left to a blue one on the right reads better IMHO, as apposed to the other way around. 

Just now, 18B said:

A green loco on the left to a blue one on the right reads better IMHO, as apposed to the other way around. 

Didn't the Class 40 cover have 40106 on the right? In which case author 

Russell Saxton may have come to the same conclusion - I can't recall now if he explained his thinking on the cover image change during our frequent email exchanges........if he did I may still have it........