Sound Query

26A

Afternoon all

I have a few quick questions with regards to sound fitted locos cutting out when changing from one loco to another. 

I use the NCE PowerCab controller.

So. I've turned on the power and begin my session. I start driving one particular loco that has sound (31). I then change to another loco that has sound (47), start it up, do some shunting. The 31 sound is still playing at idle. 

If I then select the 31 again, the sound turns off and I have to start the loco back up again. 

Is this a limitation with the NCE PowerCab or is there something I can do so that, when I change back to a loco I've previously driven and had sound playing, it doesn't have to be restarted. 

Use the recalls in the Power Cab to keep the first loco active while operating the second. Depending on the version of your Power Cab, you have two recall "slots" available for v 1.28 or earlier, but up to six in v. 1.65 (the current one).

Assuming you have v. 1.65 (which has been around for quite a few years now), you can change the number of recalls by going into the "Cab Parameters" settings (press Prog/Esc button then the number 6). Then press 'Enter" twice (I think) and enter any number up to 6 to set the number of recalls you will find most useful.

To use the recalls:

1. select your first loco (say 3101 as an example), turn on the sound and lights and any other functions you want working, then;

2. press "Recall", then;

3. select the second loco (say 4701), and turn on its sound, lights and other functions.
4. assuming you have only set two recalls (or left it as the default of two anyway), press "Recall" and you should see 3101 again, and all of the previously turned on functions should still be working.

You can keep on toggling between the two locomotives. If you set more than two recalls, you will have to scroll through each recall slot in turn with each press of the "Recall" button.

• Agree 1