The next Accurascale steam loco in OO ???

6 hours ago, DougN said:

I have said it before else where a D49 smaller tender loco, they have 2 major differences in the Hunt or Shire, they have a variety of LNER tenders being, Group standard Flaired and GS flat sided, then there is options to pick and choose from of GCR, NER standards which were swapped around. This would produce the information for all the rest of the LNER tender locos as the work for the tender has previously been done (nudge nudge wink!).The locos can also be done in a number of liveries, LNER lined green, Lined black, Basic black, leading to BR early and late logo in mixed traffic lined livery. They also were widely spread as "first round standard loco" Though I think Darlington did a lot of the initial design work so had a NER feel!   As Brian would mention in the "wishlists" this does rate highly. 

Being a 4-4-0 loco it does lend its self to branchline and mixed traffic work. 

From my point of view it is really the last loco I really would like to see released in a new highly detailed version compared to the Railroad range from some one else! 

In the same vain, the J38/38 of similar provenance would also be welcome.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Covkid said:

Oooh  Harsh !!!! I think modellers of all persuasions are seeking a piece of Accurascale - me for starting this thread off !!!

Not harsh at all. Calling people greedy for wanting an 8F which is tooling which virtually dates from the 1970s is harsh.

You wouldn't think there was 852 of them built and they got everywhere.

It might be worth reading the post I was replying too before shooting me down....

Jason

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

There is a County Modification Kit? Really?

I have never seen that mentioned, however I have been unconscious since 2018.

Anyone got any info on that. 

I may even shut up and go away ( yes, cheer and hollar) if the Kit makes the Railroad machine look a tad less toy like.

Thanks

Phil

5 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

There is a County Modification Kit? Really?

I have never seen that mentioned, however I have been unconscious since 2018.

Anyone got any info on that. 

I may even shut up and go away ( yes, cheer and hollar) if the Kit makes the Railroad machine look a tad less toy like.

Thanks

Phil

Jackson Evans, now Phoenix. Not to be confused with Jackson Evans - Modelmaster.

And replace the boiler with a Hornby 8F one. You know, that one that isn't an 8F boiler....

https://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/products/4mm-products/loco-spare-parts/jewestern/jedetail-gwdetail-kits/jew91

A lot of messing mind, I had hoped that PDK would make a new kit seeing as they are currently going through the GWR stuff.

Jason

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Jackson Evans, now Phoenix. Not to be confused with Jackson Evans - Modelmaster.

And replace the boiler with a Hornby 8F one. You know, that one that isn't an 8F boiler....

https://www.phoenix-paints.co.uk/products/4mm-products/loco-spare-parts/jewestern/jedetail-gwdetail-kits/jew91

A lot of messing mind, I had hoped that PDK would make a new kit seeing as they are currently going through the GWR stuff.

Jason

Thank you for that. I'd never even seen it mentioned on various well known GWR/BRWR threads.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Ricochet said:

Personally i'd like to see someone other than Hornby attempt a Black 5...

I can appreciate your sentiments but they have IMHO significantly improved recently,so I wouldn’t dismiss their credentials . The recent A1/A3 ,the 9F and the P2 are well executed and run well.The 78XXX is appearing soon and promises to be equally good. 

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Mad McCann said:

You've had enough for now, Captain, go off and play with this fine new toy you have just receiveth! 😉

Davy.

Extraordinary comment, from someone who doesn't know me.

You can take patronising drivel and 'go off' yourself.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Extraordinary comment, from someone who doesn't know me.

You can take patronising drivel and 'go off' yourself.

Extraordinary reaction to what was intended as light hearted joshing.

But take it as you will.

Davy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Johnster said:

The hot weather's making them bad-tempered I expect.  Ease off, guys, I'm enjoying the frothing here and don't want the thread closed!

It's not the hot weather.

10 hours ago, Mad McCann said:

Extraordinary reaction to what was intended as light hearted joshing.

'Joshing' can still be patronising and insulting. It's not what you intended but how the recipient perceives your comments that matters in such cases.

10 hours ago, Mad McCann said:

But take it as you will.

And you don't seem to be sorry either. Unrepentant. What a pity.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Calm down guys. I know that there are some patronising characters on this website but just let it wash over you, it is not worth the effort. In contrast, most people on the site wan't to help and offer experience and advice. Cooperation is the way forward for our hobby as so much in life.

Kind regards,

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I've blocked some so I don't get banned for responding, but ir seems they can see my posts!

They then post some responses to my posts and I get a message saying I chose to ignore them, OR I sometimes see their posts quoted by someone! The urge to unblock is strong, but the large Naughty Wand of Mr York is hovering as I type! I know my place.

I suspect my going on about a BRWR County has upset huge numbers. Hard cheese!

A. Biggit. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

I think it is time for another shout for the Lambton Tanks!  Just the thing for the NER Hoppers.  Also a Q7 would be good or T3 for the NER crowd.

Happy Friday! 

I shouted for the Lambton only a few days ago.But I did urge to keep up the noise ! I believe we may have success in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

I've blocked some so I don't get banned for responding, but ir seems they can see my posts!

They then post some responses to my posts and I get a message saying I chose to ignore them, OR I sometimes see their posts quoted by someone! The urge to unblock is strong, but the large Naughty Wand of Mr York is hovering as I type! I know my place.

I suspect my going on about a BRWR County has upset huge numbers. Hard cheese!

A. Biggit. 

Fully support your enthusiasm for a County. An outstanding omission to the 4mm r.t.r. catalogue. I admit to nagging incessantly for too many years on this one.

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

A County would be an interesting alternative, yes.

Jubilee is still my firm favourite 'to do' locomotive.

Al.

This will take me off topic in response to this,so apologies for the stray. Latest Bachmann Collectors Club rolling stock release is of Mk 2A BFK  14060 which is Support Coach for the Bahamas Locomotive Society. The conclusion you could draw from this is that a model of the locomotive may be in development.Otherwise,why release the support coach ?   I should add that I have no tangible further knowledge of this. So please no frothing. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

I think it is time for another shout for the Lambton Tanks!  Just the thing for the NER Hoppers.  Also a Q7 would be good or T3 for the NER crowd.

Happy Friday! 

You've more chance of Lambton Worum hinny.

P

• Like 1
  • Funny 2