Loksound and stayalive

suerose

I have a Loksound V5 mini sound decoder, can I add an ordinary capacitor fo the stay alive as the mini powerpack I bought wont't fit the loco. The decoder has three wires red-black-white which go to the matching wires on the powerpack. If I can wire in an oridinary two wire capacitor which colour wire would I use.

I am fitting these hopefully into a DJH kit which doesn't have much room inside due to the tthickness of the whitemetal.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, suerose said:

I have a Loksound V5 mini sound decoder, can I add an ordinary capacitor fo the stay alive as the mini powerpack I bought wont't fit the loco. The decoder has three wires red-black-white which go to the matching wires on the powerpack. If I can wire in an oridinary two wire capacitor which colour wire would I use.

I am fitting these hopefully into a DJH kit which doesn't have much room inside due to the tthickness of the whitemetal.

Thanks.

CE5FD0EC-4AAD-4B9E-B414-29236CE38691.jpeg.d212311b98d6649a5bc83bfb9d6ec8dd.jpegHi,

Sometimes when I find space too tight for the ESU power pack mini I use this Train-o-matic power pack (which is fully compatible with ESU decoders). I purchase these from Richard at Roads & Rails. Hopefully, this provides you with another option.

Peter

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Soul Survivor said:

CE5FD0EC-4AAD-4B9E-B414-29236CE38691.jpeg.d212311b98d6649a5bc83bfb9d6ec8dd.jpegHi,

Sometimes when I find space too tight for the ESU power pack mini I use this Train-o-matic power pack (which is fully compatible with ESU decoders). I purchase these from Richard at Roads & Rails. Hopefully, this provides you with another option.

Peter

Another vote for these! They have transformed the running of our Bachmann NBL warships and Dapol NBL type 2s. If space is really tight you can take the capacitor off the board and reconnect on flying leads so it can be sited remotely from the board.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2