Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold & Premium members only. All users can browse and contact the sellers.

• RMweb Premium

OO and OO9 test track

A large test track with OO and OO9 track circuits. The overall size is six foot by four and a half (72" x 54"), as you can see from the photos this is split into two equal halves. The track is laid onto 1/4 inch MDF and the latter is braced with 3/4 inch x 1 3/4 inch timber. The two halves are aligned by eye and then held by two (or more) bolts which go through holes drilled in the blocks of timber visible on the top of the 'baseboard'. (Four fishplates and two bolts are provided as part of this sale). 

This was originally constructed to act as a test track and 'exercise circuit'. (My own layout is end to end). The OO track is code 100 Peco flexitrack, insulfrog points and laid to a 24 inch radius. The OO9 is 12 inch radius, Peco again. Due to some major changes in circumstances, I am now 'downsizing' and want to clear some space - I have priced this for (hopefully!) a quick sale. It could either be used as a test track or possibly as the basis for a layout, alternatively the track and timber could be salvaged for a different project. The materials are in decent condition and the track is in full working order - though please note a purchaser would have to provide their own wiring and a controller. 

Due to the size, this is a collection only sale from near Ilkley. Any questions, please ask. 

• Advertiser
    The White Rabbit
  • Date
    23/06/23
  • Price
    £20
  • Category