EFE Rail Newton Chambers car carriers

AY Mod

1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Wow, thanks Graham.

Are they 14mm diameter with a decent wheel face profile do you know?

They must have had some input from Bachmann presumably?

Mike.

I hope they're not 14mm diameter. They should be 2'10.5" diameter (11.5mm).

NewtonChambersCarCarrier.jpg.4052d38ce11583668d07cee365c5bd5c.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Now showing as Mar/April in the Bachmann website, so almost a year from livery sample to production models. Has it always been that long generally, assuming no tooling issues have arisen?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

Now showing as Mar/April in the Bachmann website, so almost a year from livery sample to production models. Has it always been that long generally, assuming no tooling issues have arisen?

Perhaps they just want a bit of a gap between the release of Heljan version and the EFE version to give it a chance of selling well ?

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received my EFE car carriers and, my goodness, the grey on them is really dark. Compare with my photo of one with a Bachmann Motorail GUV. It's truly awful. Doubt they'll take them back though!

IMG_20240610_145153853.jpg

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

31 minutes ago, pinzaboy said:

Just received my EFE car carriers and, my goodness, the grey on them is really dark. Compare with my photo of one with a Bachmann Motorail GUV. It's truly awful. Doubt they'll take them back though!

if its a remote purchase I think they'd have to if you wanted to send them back .... Distance Selling Regulations

odd the colours are quite so different for the same 'family' of manufacturers

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, GordonC said:

if its a remote purchase I think they'd have to if you wanted to send them back .... Distance Selling Regulations

odd the colours are quite so different for the same 'family' of manufacturers

The GUV is presumably made by Kader, the car carrier we don't know who the actual manufacturer is.

1 hour ago, pinzaboy said:

It almost looks as if both the blue and the grey shades are off which makes the problem even more glaring.

24 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

It almost looks as if both the blue and the grey shades are off which makes the problem even more glaring.

the blue looks a bit on the light side, which might be ok for sun-fading and weathered, but combined with the darker grey it really reduces the contrast between the two

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/06/2024 at 15:38, spamcan61 said:

The GUV is presumably made by Kader, the car carrier we don't know who the actual manufacturer is.

Was it Hornby, only they normally get the livery that bad!

Joking of course…

Roy

• Funny 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Looking back in this thread it struck me how the colour shades seem to be pretty much spot on in the test sample, so I wonder what went wrong at the factory?image.png.8e65226e1df1fc7b53c63dc5475dedf3.png

It can and does happen as Accurascale showed with their Crimson Suburban coaches. The livery samples were approved with the correct shade but the production samples before leaving the factory were wrong meaning they needed remaking.

21 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

It can and does happen as Accurascale showed with their Crimson Suburban coaches. The livery samples were approved with the correct shade but the production samples before leaving the factory were wrong meaning they needed remaking.

But that's the difference though, as Accurascale caught the mistake before they left the factory.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, montyburns56 said:

But that's the difference though, as Accurascale caught the mistake before they left the factory.

So either they recieved the samples and were ok with it, or didnt recieve the samples and were ok with it.

With Quality comes cost, some care more than others.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 11/01/2024 at 17:37, montyburns56 said:

Perhaps they just want a bit of a gap between the release of Heljan version and the EFE version to give it a chance of selling well ?

looking at the example above, and with EFE and Heljan versions both now available, is there any 🤨 consensus on which of the blue-grey liveried versions might have the upper hand? 

I am thinking of getting a couple, and I have seen neither 'in the flesh' and both are now at around the fifty quid mark, so just pondering which to purchase...

cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, tractionman said:

looking at the example above, and with EFE and Heljan versions both now available, is there any 🤨 consensus on which of the blue-grey liveried versions might have the upper hand? 

I am thinking of getting a couple, and I have seen neither 'in the flesh' and both are now at around the fifty quid mark, so just pondering which to purchase...

cheers,

Keith

You may wish to read comment upthread concerning the colour of the Accurascale model.

John Isherwood.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, tractionman said:

cheers,

Keith

I'm no expert, but the the colours of the EFE version just look wrong.

• Agree 1