The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Something is seriously amiss( the Great Biscuit hunt)

tigerburnie

Having used the search facility I find an omission from this board that is hard to fathom, no discussion on which is the best biscuit, now no side tracking talking about LDC here(you know who you are PB...................😁) this could be of national importance and before we start Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits....................................

Long live the Hobnob (or sugar reduced Oatie).

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Of shop bought biscuits, either  the chocolate Hobnob or the dark chocolate digestive. Best of the lot, though, my own coconut oatmeal with 70% chocolate on one side.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Having used the search facility I find an omission from this board that is hard to fathom, no discussion on which is the best biscuit, now no side tracking talking about LDC here(you know who you are PB...................😁) this could be of national importance and before we start Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits....................................

Our biscuit of choice is Lidl's milk chocolate coated (one side) Oatie.

CJI.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Tunnock's Caramel, both milk and plain chocolate, but the true nectar of the Scottish Gods is the rarely available Tunnock's Chocolate Creme.

And before anyone kicks off they are biscuits, not ch0colate bars...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

Tunnock's Caramel, both milk and plain chocolate, but the true nectar of the Scottish Gods is the rarely available Tunnock's Chocolate Creme.

I'd vote for the Tunnocks plain chocolate teacake (blue wrapper), only available from Waitrose as far as I know, but well worth the trip.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I would be interested to read the authoritive definition that supports that contention!

I can get away with two, or occasionally three genuine biscuits without incurring the displeasure if SWMBO, but I'd not dare try that with Tunnocks' products!

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

......... but the true nectar of the Scottish Gods is the rarely available Tunnock's Chocolate Creme.

I discovered these in Farm Foods a month or so ago....

Edited by Stuart A

1 hour ago, tigerburnie said:

Now actually used as an interview question along with what type of animal do you like and why!

I've actually had it! I think they throw them in to see if you can think on your feet. Never say "That's a stupid question" though.

As to the answer, Hobnobs or plain chocolate digestives.

No to anything with wafer in it. Especially those pink things. Always seem stale to me. Don't mind KitKats though.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

One of my favourites were Club fruit but haven't had one for a while due to my gluten free diet. 
Just checked, looks like  they’re discontinue. 
Interesting history.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_(biscuit)

Still in some shops.

But might be ones made for the Irish market. So look in the discounters such as Home & Bargain.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

I'd vote for the Tunnocks plain chocolate teacake (blue wrapper), only available from Waitrose as far as I know, but well worth the trip.

I live in West Cumberland. My nearest Waitrose is in Hexham, over 60 miles away.

Edited by Jeremy Cumberland

18 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Still in some shops.

But might be ones made for the Irish market. So look in the discounters such as Home & Bargain.

Thanks for info but with my diet i dont buy any ‘ordinary’ biscuits now. 

Bourbons anyone?

Even gluten free ones taste ok.

3 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Sorry foul, ya used the word "cake"............................................🍪

Edited by tigerburnie

Ginger nuts are for putting in a bowl, cover with hot custard and allow to cool then put in the fridge overnight. One of my Grandmothers war time puddings apparently, proper lush..........................

Edited by tigerburnie
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

The best biscuit remains for me the Nabisco Magic Roundabout biscuits with added bonus of a Magic Roundabout character.

I absolutely loved those biscuits, though I am not sure how many people will remember them seeing as they date from 1969!

Nothing has ever come close to the malty goodness....

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1