Optimising sound performance on Hornby City of Coventry

NZDICK

Hi all

This is my first post although I have been lurking around on here every day for a while now, I have both the Hornby A4 Herring Gull & Black 5 with sound & have just tonight tweaked them around to Bryan from howes CV settings these in my opinion sound alot better, although living in New Zealand I have never seen any of these beautiful Locomotives in the flesh or for that matter heard them anyway, however my question is has any one had a go at optimising sound performance on Hornby's City of coventry as I have recently bought this loco to!!! Hope someone can help out here Thanks in advance

Regards

NZ DICK

• RMweb Gold

I expect similar settings to those recommended by Brian for the other locos will suit as a starting point. Starting by increasing acceleration and deceleration is always the first thing to do on the steam or diesel equipped with ESU decoders.

Set the master volume below maximum otherwise the load dependent sound on cv124 won't have any range to increase the volume under load.

(Mine are mostly set around 30max and this allows the range from 30-64 to be used by the chip for increased thrash or cut-off)

Archived