Dapol announce a 28xx in OO

spamcan61

On 13/07/2024 at 23:50, No Decorum said:

Which, with luck, will be corrected on a later batch. Due to the grand folks on RMweb, I avoided the Prairie with the dodgy rear wheels. Easily fixed, one might say but I have a backlog of fixes and enhancements, so I’d rather not add another to the end of the queue. I’m waiting for a second batch Prairie and I have sympathy for those who bought examples in the first run. When it comes to the Mogul, I have a first batch one and a second batch one. The second batch Mogul has been improved, especially the shade of green, but then there’s the problem of the blue-black paint on the second batch ones. Fingers crossed!

I personally didn't have any problem with making the minor adjustment, took all of about 15 mins. However after attempting to run it slowly over some electrofrog points and the sound cutting out and restarting I surmised a keep-alive was needed. Much to my disappointment it's not possible with their factory sound chip so any future Dapol models I purchase I will be getting the bare-bones model and fitting a Loksound v5 and a TCS keep-alive because I refuse to spend this much on a sound model only to have it cutting out. Regarding their 28xx I was contemplating getting one however I've had to re-livery the Hornby one (which has outside steam pipes when it shouldn't have for pre-1935) so perhaps by the time it's released I will have a need for one.

I note that my Accurascale Manor with Sound that arrived last week doesn't have this issue as it has a Keep-alive fitted from factory(even just the DCC ready models!) with this in mind the additional £40 it cost over the Dapol manor is really only £20 by the time you purchase a stay-alive.

Edited by Keegs
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1