Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold & Premium members only. All users can browse and contact the sellers.

T Gauge collection - track, controller and stock

• RMweb Premium

T Gauge collection - track, controller and stock

I bought these items for a project some years ago, then things changed in my life and I never got chance to start. Now, due to having to care for an aged relative and my own health problems, I know I am never going to be able to take this anywhere, so would like to sell it and clear some space.

My idea was to model a miniature railway, either a 7.25 inch gauge in someone's (very large) 4mm scale back garden or a 5 inch gauge in 7mm scale. That's why the stock is what it is, I planned to scratchbuild a diesel outline loco to go on the power car and carriage bodies for the four coaches. I did wonder about a model of 'Peter's Railway' and spoke to Chris Vine about this. He was interested and enthusiastic but I wasn't able to start immediately and since then 'Life' has interfered with many plans, not just modelling. (Pah and turdycurses...).

There is an assortment of track and stock, also a controller (battery operated) and power feed track. I bought the R-041 set (setrack oval and controller) and a left and a right hand manual point together with a pack of 200mm long flexible track (R-020) – four pieces and several 'fishplate' bases for connections.

The stock is a single boxed HST power car (103-007) and a boxed four pack of 20m coach chassis (025). There's also an unopened pack of track screws and a 'pen' [track rubber].

I hoped this would get me started and enable me to experiment a bit with the electrics and mechanical bits, then build the layout. Since the original purchase, a class 08 loco (and chassis) has been released, potentially enabling models of either a battery powered drive yourself children's loco or a live steam 'little blue tank engine' to be built, maybe as part of a fun-fair type layout.

The current web-page for the main UK stockist (and where these originally came from) is at: https://www.tgauge.com/ 

At current prices, this collection would be over £193 (the HST is not currently listed) if bought new. I have tested the HST loco, it does work although is sulking a bit from prolonged inactivity and ran hesitantly, needing some encouragement from a finger on the curves. I'd ask for £75 (plus any P&P within the UK - probably £6 but subject to change depending on the service used/requested) for the whole collection.

Any questions, please ask.

• Advertiser
    The White Rabbit
  • Date
    10/05/23
  • Price
    £75
  • Category